ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Taking the plunge and getting an iMac

RIP Dan
I have just realised there is a bit missing, I only got a screen, keyboard, trackpad and mouse.

Where is the tower?

Feel ripped off and dont understand how it actually works.

Cookie was right, Steve Jobs devil boxes.

RIP Dan
Next query....

Lightroom or Aperture?

I use Lightroom a bit already on my PC and my old G4, never used aperture. It is only 54 quid though.

Use is light touches and crops, I am of the mind of letting the photo do the talking (probably why I am crap) rather than using PS or something but...

Should I get PS of some kind? Is there a light kind..Elements?? I want to start doing big effects on photos for design work rather than showing the pics themselves.

Any advice appreciated.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Photoshop CS5's amazing. A re-toucher's wet dream.

It's not cheap, but the best stuff never is. That's why you've bought a Mac after all. ;)

I upgraded my whole Creative Suite from 4 to 5 and Photoshop's had the biggest overhaul by far.

Inferno 182 CUP
Lightroom & Aperture are pretty much the same - its down to preference of layout and design.

I have both but only use LR

CS5 and PS are a different dragon - completely overkill for 90% of people

Inferno 182 CUP
99% of people will be fine with Lightroom or Aperture.

In fact for what most people need iPhoto is enough

RIP Dan
99% of people will be fine with Lightroom or Aperture.

In fact for what most people need iPhoto is enough

I may go for aperture as its pretty cheap compared to lightroom.

I do want something more than iPhoto though, so maybe Elements is what I need. I agree PS fullblown just confuses me. But I do want the option of being able to do effects etc.

Inferno 182 CUP
lightroom is better than aperture for that - sounds like thats what you need tbh

Last edited by a moderator:
  RIP Dan
Bought Elements and Aperture. Really liking Aperture so far, easier than Lightroom and very similar. Elements I have used before but never really got to grips with PS stuff, need a course:eek: Will keep playing with it.

One other thing about this iMac and its 27" screen, the photos I thought were good on a PC are not, they are blurred. Bugger.