ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swirl Marks and Dent Removal

Megane Trophy
I have a Black 172,
It has swirl marks from the previous owner washing it and some small marks in the paint

is it worth claying and megs 3 stage clean or just pay for someone to "MOP" my car and wax it?

and also i have a small 20p sized dent in the rear quarter, obv someone with a 4x4 has opened there door onto it.
Whats the best company to use for this sort of thing and what kind of price are we talking?

Brad :rasp:

106 GTi
Claying and the Megs stage wont remove the swirls unfortunatley. None of the products have enough abbrassives to remove swirl marks. As its black in all honesty to get it swirl free will need a machine polish of some sort.

As around in your local area who is good on the dents. Like all things its not the copmapy that does it thats good, ts the individual guy. Most places want 40- 90 quid a panel. If you any where near Glos/Wilts I can get you a very good deal.

Mondeo STTDCI
Get one of the lads on here with a PC to try the paint work.

The dent....Anything from 40-100 depending on exactly where it is and who you goto.

Megane Trophy
Cheers guys,
Seems theres no one local with a PC though
either Suffolk/Essex or Hertfordshire is where Im based.

Fulford motorsport, did all the bodywork on the old carisma cars - tvr, r5 etc
they said £60 for a full mop and wax which i thought was pretty good!
I think il wait till april though untill the s**t weather passes

bradfincham said:
Cheers guys,
Seems theres no one local with a PC though
either Suffolk/Essex or Hertfordshire is where Im based.

Fulford motorsport, did all the bodywork on the old carisma cars - tvr, r5 etc
they said £60 for a full mop and wax which i thought was pretty good!
I think il wait till april though untill the sh*t weather passes

£60 for a mop and then a further £100 to get it right afterwards ;)

Golf GTI PP Mk7
this may be sacralidge, but the Autoglym Super High Gloss polish works well on black paint, really brought the metallic black on my dads merc up. Give the car a good wash then use some of this, dont use lots, just really make sure you work it into the pain, avoiding circular motions. this may help to make the swirls less apparent.

Megane Trophy
brazo said:
£60 for a mop and then a further £100 to get it right afterwards ;)

from one of essex' best bodyshops??
MM

L.Motts said £150 for a mop and ScothGuard the car, i know that there very professional as they do some ferrari/porsche/bentley repair work

bradfincham said:
from one of essex' best bodyshops??
MM

L.Motts said £150 for a mop and ScothGuard the car, i know that there very professional as they do some ferrari/porsche/bentley repair work

A mop means compounding usually with G3 and a wool pad that results in swirls and holograms left in the paintwork.

A £60 mop would send shivers down my spine. A £150 machine polish from a notable bodyshop 'could be' a different matter.

I have 'corrected' too many bad jobs in my time to think that any 'mops' could come out well.

The only pro polishing shop I know that does A1 work charges £75 an hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!