ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

suspension top mount bolt way too tight

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
The top bolt on my suspension mount needs taking off for the knocking fix washer but it's way too tight to undo!

Can I just take this to a garage and have them use an impact gun to remove the nut? Im using the allen key in the top as mentioned

Thanks

A decent airgun should just spin it off.. If it doesnt then its been tightened up by a complete mongole.

Racing Blue 182 Cup
Spray with penetrate spray leave over night then get a piece of wood (put against the scuttle panel) a deep ring spanner and allen key, turn the spanner the allen key will wedge against the wood then you will have enough force to undo the nut.

Renault Clio 172 cup
I had same problem, soaked it everyday for about a week with penetrant spray, then used a buzz gun and it spun straight off.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Got a breaker bar arriving soon, just bought a torque wrench too so will hopefully be able to take it off with the bar, if not then ill get someone to buzz it off. Got that last side undone I originally posted this thread about, didn't come undone with an airgun just spun around, so I held the allen key and my girlfriends dad (quite a big chap) undid the spanner and we could only just undo it between us!

Last edited:
  182FF
If it's anything like the torque wrench I've got you won't damage it by using it for undoing. The spring doesn't come into it apart from doing up.