ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sub class question

Need a bit of help, got a Kenwood Z838W h/u and a rockford fosgate 3212 sub. Now in the h/u there is a setting that asks what class sub it is a,b,c,d. How can you tell? Is there a rule like RMS, size etc?

Ian

ermmmm....well usually class ABCD relates to the amp, e.g. a monoblock (single channel amp) is class D and most two channels are class a & b, but i actually dont know how you can work it out!?
can anyone else enlighten us coz I would like to know this myself!

I would like to know this too. I have a Kenwood Z828 and it has the same option. I wonder if it has anything to do with sub enclosures. Sealed, ported, bandpass or freeAir. I havent a f**king clue.

I cant see why a setting like that would affect the sound at all. However that 301S amp is a class A/B amp so if thats a setting on the headunit then choose that.

Russ

350z & 16v Maxi

i think it is to do with sub being inverted, in a ported box, in a sealed box etc but dont know whats what. Ill ask my Kenwood rep tomorrow if you wish, i normally see him on a Monday.

Colin