ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stiff/Hard Clutch

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Hi,

The clutch on my Clio is quite stiff and quite hard to push down compared to the others cars that I've driven. I mean, I can live with it but I was just wondering whether this was just the type of clutch that Renault use on the Clios or could something be causing this?

Is it worth buying a new clutch to rectify the problem?

Any help appreciated,
Cheers

Megane 265 Cup
I wondered this when I first drove my new 182 four weeks back, I came from driving an ST Fiesta and the clutch was quite light in it and similar to any other car I had ever driven to be honest.

I got in the 182 and thought "f**k me" on the first drive home lol, mine is pretty heavy too but I have got used to it already.

Nothing at the mo :(
I thought only the 2.0s had the heavy clutch? like i said my mte has a 1.2 and its a feather clutch.. the bloke who started this thread has a 1.2 not a 2.0...

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
My left calf is gona be massive after months of driving mine then cos it's proper heavy. I bob up and down every time I change gear haha.

Looks like i'm gona have to live with it until I've got enough moneys for a new clutch, which, being a poor student may take a while :rolleyes:

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Always been like that, well since I got it which was about 3 weeks ago.
Just asked my Dad and he said it's just that type of clutch which is noticable on most Clios.

Megane 265 Cup
Yeah I would agree with that, my GF has a 1.2 Clio and when I drove it for the first time I couldn't believe how heavy the clutch was...and even at that the 182s is a bit heavier still....just drive it mate.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Yeah will do, just asked to see if it was a problem really. Still enjoy driving it :D

Cheers for the help :approve:

PH1 172 Sport
I think the main reason its heavy is because its cable operated. I hate driving cars with really light clutches though so the Clio is perfect for me!!

It should be nowhere near as stiff as an RS clutch. My 1.2s clutch was miles lighter than the one in my 172.

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
Sometimes a new clutch cable helps...used to live with this with the R21...on heavy traffic it was awfull...the Clio not so much...

133, 182, Kangoo 182
My 1.2 had a very light cluch, my brothers 172 a hard clutch and my 172... incredibly hard. Makes my bro's clutch feel like my old 1.2 tbh... They're all different from what I gather...