ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

steering wheels off centre

Titanium 182
just recently noticed my steering wheels is angled ever so slightly to the left if i put it perfectly straight i slowly veer to the right, I thought this may be due to road camber so i drove on the other side of the road ( my roads a dead end street) and its the same :S

could it be something to do with tracking ? Its really really bugging me now. :mad:

RB 182 Special.
It could be the tracking. When was the last time you had the tracking done and has it been like that since? If it has then it may just be that when the tracking was last set, the steering wheel was turned slightly, in which case everything is fine, it's just a bit annoying.

If it hasn't been like that long then just get it checked. It generally doesn't cost very much to get the tracking done anyway.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
mines like that needs the tracking re doing the stupid planks

Titanium 182
i havent had the tracking done... I changed my springs last month and its been doing it since then, sounds like i should get my tracking done. How much can i expect to pay for it ?

thanks

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
mines like that i had the tracking done but it went back the same a bout a week later, i think its the speed bumps at my work knocking it out. beed to go over 3 of the bloody thigns going in the car parks and 5 coming out. i think it was because of the dicks in beemers blasting throught he car park they put in some traffic calming.

tracking is about £15-20 out of a tyre place like national.

clio cup172
When you lower your car you are supposed to check the tracking. Anyone here had a bashed subframe?? I got my angles set and the guy said its a bash in the subframe(not my fault,mines was stolen recovered) thats causing the caster angle on the o/s to be to big. I know how to fix this, but does anyone know how much a knew subframe is for a cup172?