ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Column

BMW 320d Sport

If when you turn the steering wheel you seem to be going straight on (and vice versa) then its definitely knackered. :)

Seriously though, is it making noises or rattling around, loose?

Audi S3

ok its doing it again now makes a groaning noise when turning to the right!

stearing whise seems to be fine and handles really well (strange) :confused:

Out of interest what have people paid to get it changed!

Matt

i have a problem with mine,there is so much play in it when u turn left to right,if i am driving in a straght line and turn left to right a bit it doesnt even move the wheels,it is horrible,what do u think it is as i really want to get it sorted rite now?

Neil:mad:

172 exclusive no 172

mine failed last mot on steering components,

with the car turned off, sit in the car and have the wheels pointing straight. get out the car and try slowly to turn the wheels left or right. if there is a lot of play/free movement before the wheels move then it is worth getting the rack and the column checked out..

The column cost me £70 for a reconditioned one back home in lincolnshire, then there is the fiting on top of that... the rack cost me quiet a bit more totaled about 350 after fitting costs.

could be balljoints which arent that expensive...