ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard changer with aftermarket HU

Was thinking of buying a new head unit for my car, but wondered what the compatibility issues would be with the current useful factory fit items I have - i.e. the 6 disc multichanger that comes with the car, and the stalk/satellite.

It would really gall me to have to buy a CD changer, when I already have a virtually brand new one in the car that came for free with it! Id rather put the extra money into getting a higher class of head unit. However Im suspecting that most wont be compatible with the Renault changer.

The stalk thing Im not as worried about - would be nice to still have it, but its not a problem to lose that. Of course I realise that the upper display would become redundant for the stereo and would just be left for time and temperature.

Any help would be great

i think we should have this question in the FAQ tbh!

comes up every day.

do a search on the forum mate, youll find numerous posts on the matter:)

Sorry :oops:

I went back a page or two, but obviously not far enough - Ill do a search instead! I dont usually read this part of the forum so I dont see it being asked every day!

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Forget about the changer....its bin fodder whith any other HU.

Need an adapter for the stalks...ranging from £35 for Sony HU to £75 for Alpine......

So what if people post it every day.....gets my posts up ;)

Revels Mum & Sister

Yeah your changer wont work with a Aftermarket HU. Unless you can find who manufactures your Changer. Then you MAY be able to mate it up to a headunit.

Best off buying a package mate! Sell the old Headunit and Changer

I believe it is VDO that make the Current Changer for the Tuner List radio.

If you do go for aftermarket and want to keep your steering controls, I can get you stalk control lead for £30 compatible with Sony and Kenwood units. As longs as the aftermarket units support this input.

Sony must have jack plug on back, and kenwood has some sort of other connector on back.

Cool thing is , whichever you go for (SONY/KENWOOD) will display where your old radio used to display the radio stations.