ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standalone ECU and ITB users / knowledgeable chaps-info needed

Cro

Meg'd r27
Been asked for advice from a mate but certainly isn't something I know too much about. So he has a couple of questions for the cliosport gurus:

ECU

- Whats are peoples opinions on the best value for money/ user/ installer friendly standalone? Omex seems to certainly be the most popular for clios.

- If a used one is bought from a clio or another car, is a new race loom straight plug and play or still need wired in and where can these be had?

- Can maps be loaded using the software by the user (i.e if a base map was sent by rstuning etc) or is it just .cal files?

ITB

- Aside from the tb's / manifold / injectors etc what new sensors are needed it any?
- How hard is it to change to cable throttle?
- Has anyone preferences as to the use of 1*2/ 197 / 225 / or peco injectors?

The help as always is greatly appreciated :approve:

ITB'd MK1
Been asked for advice from a mate but certainly isn't something I know too much about. So he has a couple of questions for the cliosport gurus:

ECU

- Whats are peoples opinions on the best value for money/ user/ installer friendly standalone? Omex seems to certainly be the most popular for clios.

Certainly the best support for a clio (and general techical support for the software and configuration)

- If a used one is bought from a clio or another car, is a new race loom straight plug and play or still need wired in and where can these be had?

There's a clio specific Omex loom that is VERY simple to fit, but is part of a kit

- Can maps be loaded using the software by the user (i.e if a base map was sent by rstuning etc) or is it just .cal files?
It's a very different system, Omex can give you a startup map (or a well developed kit map if you buy a new kit)

ITB

- Aside from the tb's / manifold / injectors etc what new sensors are needed it any?
- How hard is it to change to cable throttle?
- Has anyone preferences as to the use of 1*2/ 197 / 225 / or peco injectors?

The help as always is greatly appreciated :approve:

It's honestly cheaper to just buy a full kit, you get every sensor, bracket, p-clip, and bolt you need for the entire job, and a full set of instructions AND a good map for no extra cost.

Injectors, standard ones will be fine until you raise compression most of the time 172/182 uses pico 042 as standard

Lionel Richie
well i'm sure if you spoke nicley to the chap on here who runs an emerald he might sell you a copy of his map ;)

if not they will be able to send you a base map

ValverInBits
go for Emerald or Omex 600. Very little to choose between them.
Loom - Could speak to wizard race looms in northampton if you want a really nice job, depends where your mate is based.
Maps are easily loaded using software specific to ECU (free from websites)

If it's for a clio, speak to GDI Omex directly. They'll do you the works.

Cro

Meg'd r27
Now that's what i'm talking about Fred!!! Can you pm me who it is?
Cheers Mark, good advice there about the loom!

Mk2 172
Cheers fred will do, any idea how user friendly they are to map?

Why mess around so much?? Buy the Omex kit and its all done for you and u havent got any stress then?? Makes no sense to me cos in the end it will probably end up costing you more doing it any other way.

Lionel Richie
Why mess around so much?? Buy the Omex kit and its all done for you and u havent got any stress then?? Makes no sense to me cos in the end it will probably end up costing you more doing it any other way.

could work out cheaper too remember ;)

Cro

Meg'd r27
Nice, what length trumpet are you running and have you had it roaded?
Dan I think the idea is to get it done as cost effective as possible and the fact that he already has some bodies to go on.

Mk2 172
Nice, what length trumpet are you running and have you had it roaded?
Dan I think the idea is to get it done as cost effective as possible and the fact that he already has some bodies to go on.

Just buy the rest of the kit then from omex and bolt it all on. job done :)

Lionel Richie
Is all the stress etc really worth it for a couple hundred quid max!

its called a challenge, bolt bits on is all well and good but also incredibly boring! DIY is what its all about, check out forum member "activ" thats a tidy job!

Mk2 172
its called a challenge, bolt bits on is all well and good but also incredibly boring! DIY is what its all about, check out forum member "activ" thats a tidy job!

can see what u mean if thats what ur lookin for