ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Speed" - a cheeky request

Basically, I need some help, which of these pics screams "speed" at you the best? I want something that will stand out amongst hundreds of pics, and I can't choose between these 8.

Any thoughts? And maybe also why you are choosing a particular pic.

255087347_yBrP5-L.jpg

173258171_9USgW-L.jpg

207613512_2Xndg-L.jpg

207588038_tg8NA-L.jpg

204976788_dhDyA-L.jpg

173285413_Zx6Fy-L.jpg

157174834_jdnRU-L.jpg

138809321_nNrmX-L.jpg

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
5 for me

I can't really put into words why, but that just seems to represent the word speed to me.

I prefer most of the others as photos, but the movement of the car through the shot in no.5 shows speed better than the others which use the background to show speed. Does that make sense? lol.

Clio 182
i would say 2 5 or 7

when the 'object' is more blurry it looks like its moving faster.

2 and 6 were technically the hardest to achieve, but as a photo at the moment I would go with 6.

But then I love 5, it's completely different to most motorsport photos I've seen and it does show 'speed' the best...I think, but it's the riskiest shot to go for imo.

Punto/Clio GTT
lots of people saying 5, imo i think its the worst picture of the lot

i would say 7 if he wasnt about to turn into a corner but that pic looks like hes slowing down

id say 6 best describes "speed" although the picture aint the best and the cars are a bit dull

id say 6 best describes "speed" although the picture aint the best and the cars are a bit dull

:eek: Aint the best? That and #2 took me about 3 months to nail that sort of photo! Unbelievably hard to achieve.

Just kidding though, each to their own, that's why I'm struggling to be honest, it will all come down to the judges taste at the end of the day.

106 GTi
2,5,6,7 all show speed for me, not a clue which to choose though Chris - Sorry.

I was attracted to 5 just because it was so different. 7 looks the best in having the bike in whole sharp and the background blured. As mush as I like 6 the blurred front nose cone looks odd. The one I think I like the most looking back through is number 2.

Clio
6 for me, shows the definition of the car in front and I think the speed is indicated with the blur of the cars in the background.

Black 172...KN53EL*
5 for me - I dunno, It's maybe the chevron sign indicating the right turn that looks like it's been clattered into a fair few times, and the bollards, none of which are striaght, again indicating they've been bashed about a fair bit....

That one & 4, well, just because they're Clios ;-)

7 for me.

Just by the way that both track and background are all a blur, yet the ride looks perfectly at ease doing that speed.

Good set of pics anyway!

Thanks for all the replys, I think I'm down to #2 and #7 now. #7 is the safer choice imo but I've always had a thing for #2 as technically that's the hardest shot I've ever pulled off, problem is a lot of people assume it was a photoshop effort.

Thiking about it, 2 is pretty good as well, just the way that the front of the car is sort of pulling away from the back of the rest of it.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
I like 2 the best. Love how you managed to get the focus on only the front of the car. Screams speed to me.

FF Blackgold 182
7 for me Chris. It demonstrates a near perfect panning technique and the bike and rider are pin sharp whilst the background is nicely blurred. Superb pic imo. 5, as you said is a risky shot to use, but I like it. Hope that helps mate.

A well built VW
5 for me

I can't really put into words why, but that just seems to represent the word speed to me.

I prefer most of the others as photos, but the movement of the car through the shot in no.5 shows speed better than the others which use the background to show speed. Does that make sense? lol.

Me too

I think #2 is going forward, but thanks for the help everyone. I agree with most that #7 is up there, but it's a fairly conventional panning shot that anyone could capture, so I would worry that it could get lost amongst the rest. The more I look at #5, the more I dislike it, yes it was hard work and the effect worked well, but I think I need to find a better location (or wait for the Britcar 24hr later this year) to really get a great shot in that style.

I've not seen too many shots like #2 before, now I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing ;), but I will kick myself if I don't take a risk.

I will bring back this thread in a month or so and let you know how I got on.

Last edited: