ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Some advice needed

172 gone :( 197 now :)
Give my car a good going over two weeks ago got all the insect remains and tar spots, clayed it, used scratch x here and there then SRP and EGP. Looked stunning, then i washed it last weekend using megs NXT shampoo and dried with water magnet. I didnt have time to apply another coat of EGP which i had planned to do so it was just the wash and dry. All week in the bright sunshine ive noticed ive got a very faint hologram effect all over. Never had this before whats happened?
Also the paint looks quite dull so wondering if ive also stripped the EGP off using too high concentration of NXT shampoo?

RB 182
Probably marring or hologramming but wouldn't have thought it would be from using the NXT shampoo too concentrated.

What drying and buffing towels are you using?

No i mean the paint looked quite dull considering it was the first wash after the EGP after only a week and the car wasn't even dirty. So was wondering if thats because the shampoo was too concentrated and has stripped the EGP?

As for the holograms im not sure if they have been caused by the claying perhaps? Ive clayed before and never had any problems but this time i used an atomiser bottle of warm concentrated shampoo instead of QD spray. But i used plenty of liquid and it seemed to be providing plenty of lube.

Use Megs water magnet for drying, megs foam pads and megs supreme shine microfibres.

Im also wondering because ive always used NXT wax since ive had the car that the hologram effect has been covered up by the fillers in it and ive only noticed it now as the wax has been removed by the clay? Thing is i didnt notice the holgram effect till after the first wash after claying then using SRP and EGP it looked great till i washed it.

106 GTi
The water magnet is not liked on Deatailing World as people have found it a cause of swirls.

NXT Shampoo always seems fairly harsh on sealants and waxes, stopped using it here after noticing the paint dulling effects

I thought the water magnet was causing swirl marks when i first had it but, thought it cant be that and ive carried on using it. It does have the texture of an old tea towel which cant be good for your paint!

What shampoo would you recommend then rich?

106 GTi
Not used one but that mirrors what I have read. Pakshak Ultra Softs or Sonus Der Wunders here when I do need to dry when not using filtered watered.

In Bulk - I like Meguiars Shampoo Plus or Hyperwash

On the 182 I use - Sonax Gloss Shampoo, Duragloss Wash or Swisswax Car Bath.