ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky Router - Broken?

My Sky Broadband router seems to have broken, an amber light is flashing on it, tried turning it off, reseting it etc but to no avail.

Spoke to Sky who are sending us a new one.

Just wondered, is there any way of getting on the internet despite the fact the router seems to not work? Need to get online tonight to sort some bits and pieces out (am on work computer atm so can't use them tonight).

Thanks in advance!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
If the amber light is flashing, it doesn't necessarily mean there is a problem with the router, it may be that there is a problem with the ADSL connection (happens from time-to-time). But no, if the light is amber your not going to get any internet. * If * the router is nackered the only way to get online would be to use another router but to do that you will have had to of hacked into the Sky Router (as they lock them down) and have gotten the connection settings out of it to use in another router (Sky don't like you doing this).

However I'd be more inclined to say it's a connection issue and if you trying rebooting it later it may resolve itself (depending on the cause of the issue ofcourse)

Ah right ok, I'll try resetting it again later and see what happens!

Seems strange as it was fine before I went to bed, then woke up and all was not well.