ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show Us Your Camera Sliders

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
just been drawing up some plans for a motorised camera slider.

think im going to go down the milling machine route of using a ball screw as they are so cheap, about £30 for 500mm -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281159373...eName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

with a bearing either end it should be a perfectly smooth setup with 0.1mm movement precision.

going to use something like a nema 17 stepper for movement and arduino for control

anyone else made a motorised slider?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I knocked up a really cheap one but it's pretty s**t.
It's run off a small motor with a variable speed dial linked to a home made dolly which runs on two rails. It's not very smooth though and only a meter long.
I really need to look into a proper setup which I can set it to stop every mm for x amount of time so sync with the camera.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
This will be able to do that but in resolutions of 0.1mm.

There will be a limit switch either end so once it hits one it will stop. So no crashing

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I might bite the bullet and go out and buy a digislider soon.
Around £550 including the stepper motor and control box. All I need to do is hook it onto my tripod, attach camera and press go.
Works as a move shoot move and have full control over everything. Perfect for timelapse.