ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I go for it

Ok currently I have a 1.5 DCI(65) dynamique 04 plate clio.

Bought 1 year ago

15k on the clock.

The thing is I now work abour 10 mins from where I live so I dont really need the dci any more. (I used to drive 110 mile s a day)

I know I would loose loads in depreciation as but I was hoping I could still sell for about 5 - 6k??? Is this a mad estimation?

What I really want is a Williams. I reckon worst case I get 5k for the dci that buys me a williams 3.5k? 1.1k for insurance and a few hundred quid to share.

Am I mad, dreaming or is this realistic?

Cheers D

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

not sure about the prices / value of your car mate. But think you should go for it, I would get some definate insurance quotes before though!

def quote was 1.1k How much do u think the car is worth it cost 8k new so I was thinking 5 k wasnt that far off the mark? It is mint.

23 years old but if I wait till jan to do this I will be 24 and then I would hopefuly have 1 years heavy insurance followed by cheeper post 25 insurance?

"a few hundred quid to share" :eek:

P.S. that was ment to read "a few hundred quid to spare" so no getting excited!!

:)

Not a Clio

the question is.... have you ever driven a williams?

Remember that a Williams is an old car now and as with all older cars parts will need replacing.

No I havent driven one yet!!

and yes I know it is old and that was precisly the reason I got rid of my old car. But I am not doing 110 miles a day to work any more so it shouldnt constantly fall to bits and to be honest if it did I could walk or even get a bike.

I am not looking for reliability i am looking for excitment.

This is more about having a bit of fun before I have to get all serious and buy a people carrier!

Focus ST

Definitely do it. Not sure how much your car is worth but you cant be that far off the mark?

Also, presumably youre not paying nothing for insurance now, so you shouldnt really count it as an extra 1.1K.

Get a Williams and be a winner! You should lose less money in depreciation with the Williams as well now.

Not a Clio

Personally i wouldnt buy a car that old again.

My 94 Valver and my 93 Astra GSi cost me an absolute fortune between them, were talking thousands.

If you have the money to spare each time something goes wrong then go for it but get a test drive of at least 2 Williams in first before deciding that you definetly want one.

Good luck :)

Cheers everyone. I guess my other option would be to sell the dci and save a bit till i can afford a 172?

Not a Clio

Drive both then see what you think. :)

I dont want to put you off a Williams as they are great cars, just trying to be the voice of reason ;)

Mini Cooper S sport

Id save for a newer car I think. Williams are lovely cars but will cost you loads in maintenance, especially if something big goes wrong. You might get a good one, but you wont really know til youve owned it for a while and thats the chance you take!

Id prefer a bit of warranty and aircon myself.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

172s a re getting real cheap now, you can pick them up for as little as 4k but if you got a bit more together you could have an early low miler i reckon.