ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shampoo choice when using P21s?

Clio 182 cup
Any suggestions on the best shampoo to use for the weekly wash, I use p21s as my wax?? Using AG shampoo at the moment, seems good quality but suds are minimal so I'm looking to change.

I've looked around at the suggestions but this one seems to vary so much, I'm hoping to get a good shampoo matched up with the carnuba for great finish.

Cheers

106 GTi
My Choices

In Bulk - Meguiars Shamppoo Plus or Hyper Wash, very cost effective at 15-18 quid for 3 litres.

On my 182 - Sonax Gloss Shampoo, Ghemical Guys Wash'n'wax, Duragloss Wash or Swissvax Car Bath

Mito Sportiva 135
I use the Extreme Wash n Wax and comes up great. Sometimes mix with a bit of Sonax but not really sure the difference this makes to be honest.

Both leave a very slick finish and rinse off really well which is important.

D

deadonkey

Try Poorboys Shampoo. I can personally recommend it and you wont be dissapointed.

Clio 182 cup
Just picked up some of the Duragloss 901 from seriousperformance along with some poorboys plush microfibres as I'm planning on giving the car the SRP + EGP routine and if I get chance some P21s to top it off. I'll let you know how the shampoo fairs!!

Was thinking of going down the glaze route and topping this with P21s instead of applying the EGP. Anyone else ditched the sealant? On the balance I thought protection was more important that ultimate shine so I'm leaving the glaze for now.

Mito Sportiva 135
Glaze is good for Summer. I used the Chemical Guys EZ Glaze II recently and the results were outstanding, really brought out the colour in the flake excellently. I topped this off with the Body Blitz sealant which creates a really deep finish but you can just skip the sealant and go to the wax.

In the Winter I tend to go for protection though so sealant is a must.

106 GTi
I will be ditching the winter sealant as soon as I find time to polish the 182.

Menzerna Final Finish, Clearkote Vanilla Moose and or Red Machine Glaze and Zymol HD Cleanse just topped with Swissvax or Zymol for my next detail.

Been using Megs Show Car Glaze #7 over the existing wax layers for a few weeks though.