ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Screech from PAS - can see pully stops in aux belt

172 ph2
Hi,

I'm after some advice on what could be the root cause of my problem - I get hellish screeching from my PAS pretty much all the time at low speeds / low engine revs. Used to be this only happens when near full lock, so it is getting worse.

With the car idling, when I turn the steering which loads the PAS up, I can see the PAS pully momentarily stop (and cause the screech). Is this suggesting the tensioner isn't doing it's job well enough on the belt? Or is there too much resistance coming from the PAS pump? Anyone seen anything like this?

As well, what are the symptoms of a failing aux belt tensioner? There's plenty of info on what happens if the belt snaps, but how do you spot a tensioner on the way out - it moves too close to the PAS pump pully and rubs on the belt?

Cheers,
Chinaski

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
tensioner will be seized and not doing it's job. n00b mistake not doing the full thing, you need a full belt and tensioner kit fitting