ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scratch on roof

ph2 172
Jus went out of work to have a fag and seen someone has ever so nicely but a scratch on my roof. luckily it does not seem to be very deep. any one know how i can get rid of this?

thank you

polo, here for lols
t cut is bad for your paint, works well but you shouldn't use it, you can get it in like any halfrauds.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I personally would never recommend TCut, just hate the stuff.

PC polishing is machine polishing - does what would take you days and days by hand. It effectively removes the part of the clearcoat that has been scratched, hence removing the scratch.

Obviously if the scratch is too deep then it won't remove it, just 'dim' it down a bit. The rule of thumb is that if you can catch a fingernail on the scratch when you run your finger over it, polishing won't remove it.

Try Meguiars ScratchX first mate, available in Halfords.

106 GTi
Problem with T-Cut is it induces fine hazy marks taking out the deeper ones, needing a milder polish to go after it.

Depoending how deep the scratch is as to if it will come out - as Ad says a general rule if you can catch a nail in it - paint will be needed, though a wet flat and polish may also work.