ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Issues

Mito Sportiva 135
According to Orange, the S2 suffers from some technical glitches (TW rather than Android) and if they aren't fixed they might not release it...has anyone on other networks found any problems? Main ones identified are to do with alarm (goes off a week late) and lock screen.

Highly disappointing if so...

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
LOL, the joys of inferior products. Have fun.

Last edited:
There will be an update about 2 weeks after it's out, but it will only work on brand new handsets.

And only if you live in Norway in a red house.

Revels Mum & Sister
Best of going over to the XDA Forums where it is no inhabited by Apple fanbois like Revels. ;)

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh this is quite poor if true! With HTC Sensation not out for sometime still, I've even been considering "the Dark Side" of iPhone 4....

Jesus though an alarm glitch? Seems a silly mistake. Apparently on the lock screen it can be liable to lock the phone permanentl too. Hmm.

More likely that orange are probably struggling to b*****dise their own software on it.

Last edited:
  Mito Sportiva 135
I'm not sure - the guy on the phone was quite honest about it, was quite specific it was the Samsung UI rather than Android though. Very annoying!

Interesting. I know a few people with one and not heard any issues from them, sure it will be fixed with an update soon anyway, or wait for the sensation.

Mito Sportiva 135
I know, I know...just I'm very impatient and would like a new handset now!

Don't really want the iPhone 4 though as it's more expensive and older.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
no huge problems on the galaxy s 2. little glitches but same with any phone. it would have been pulled from all networks otherwise. Bit like when the nokia n8 would permernantly shut down

Mito Sportiva 135
Are the glitches to do with TW4.0 from what you can tell?

My Hero is getting more faults, it's as if they know they are going to be replaced...

Really want the S2 now, no more messing about!

Snotter's
Ordering mine on the 30th, was going to get the sensation but the delat on o2 and the fact the s2 has slightly better revies swayed me.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yes same mate, although I hope it hurries up my Hero is glitching all over the show now....even writing a text is hard.

Clio 182 cup'd
Just everyone elses then.

Can't say I've heard of the Galazy S2 having any problems. I have only heard good things about it.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh same...I have to stress this was just one guy I spoke to at Orange, and his source was his friend "upstairs" who works on releasing the phones on the network.

As it's out on other networks, and even Orange via Carphone Warehouse, I'm not sure how reliable the source is...

I'll be getting it anyway.

Mito Sportiva 135
Orange are sh**. On their site the phone has moved from "coming soon" to the actual shop, but is out of stock. I called them to ask when I can actually get one and their response is still "don't know" and acted annoyed I wanted to find out, that I should know they don't know. She also didn't accept that it's a bit stupid to move from coming to and straight into the shop, despite not having them available for sale still.

Getting very fed up with Orange now, may switch networks as they are so unhelpfull it's ridiculous.