ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Same old it seems....audio set up

Clio Expression 3d 1.2 01
Hey guys.
Completely new to this forum and clios, and pretty much sound systems. Ive read over this whole forum a million and one times and it seems theres alot of people who know what there talking about sooo here goes...

New owner of a clio 1.2 3d Y reg, awesome blue colour and interior. I'm wanting to fit an audio system for rock music and drum and bass, ive read countless threads but i dont really seem to get a solid conclusion of what i want to go for. Do i go for 6x9s? Do i go for components and sub, with fear of losing mid range? I'm not looking to spend ridiculous amounts of money but not cheap crap either. Any advice or fingers pointing in the right direction would be great! :)

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
Sounds like you're in the same boat as me.

I had no idea what I was better off looking at for the sound system, but the thing that I've gathered so far is that Alpine & Pioneer are the better brands for head units.

Also, from what I've ready, is that 6x9's aren't a good idea, and that a sub and components are a much better idea (while running the rear speakers from the HU).

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
6x9s no
sub yes = 12 - 15" for rock music
compotents - up to you , you alreday have stock tweeters in the dash.
ive just shoved some uprated 13cm ones in the doors

I see... does anyone know a good link for a thread or website which helps insalling audio hardware into your clio? I mean in lamens terms as i dont know what needs to be run from an amp or why or whatever, complete newbie.... bet im infuriating lol :dead:

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
What do you want to know exactly?

Your amp will need various connections, An Earth wire, Which can be connected to the vehicle Chassis via seatbelt bolt, A FUSED Power wire, Which you have to run from the battery in the engine bay to the amp. There are arious grommits in the engien bay to do this, But I always just drill one and grommit it. A Remote turn on cable, And a Phono RCA lead, Which are from the Head unit.

Then run your speaker terminals into your amplifier.

ww.talkaudio.co.uk isa good forum, But theres afair few helpful bods on here to :)

I'm just wanting to know where to start! And what to look for in things that i buy, dont want to spend money and realise ive made a massive mistake.

I think i understand most of that. By grommits do you mean holes to get to your engine bay with a wire? The earthing part, i've heard something about bolting it to where the spare wheel is held :S...

Not too sure what you mean by the remote turn on cable?

I'll check it out cheers!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Yes thats what I mean, Basically, Your power wire needs to come from your engine bay,Through the bulkhead into the interior.

The remote turn on cable is just a thin cable that tells ur Amp to turn on when your head unit turns on.

Black Gold Trophy
I would say 6x9s are utter pants personally, the best option is to upgrade the head unit and the front speakers, then get a punchy 10 inch sub Id say

Yozza'd Titanium 182
FIRST THINGS FIRST - do not get 6x9s unless you like burberry and have like... a combat body kit snd a 453" exhaust

what you want (from your budget) is a nice 10" sub id say jbl an amp box and wires, theres loads of brand new kits on ebay about 100 pounds then get some decent speakers

I am very happy with my Pioneer set up. I will not put sub's in my cup as they are too heavy and defeating the object of getting a lightweight car.

HEADUNIT: AVH-P5700DVD (Just purchased an AVH-P5900DVD, just waiting on getting my car back to fit it)

SPEAKERS: Components comprising of 13cm speakers in door, tweeters in the dash and cross-overs, and 6x9's on the parcel shelf.

I suppose it's what you really want out of a system, but this system for me is spot on especially when got a dvd on as the dolby surround is amasing especially on fast and furious.

Mark

Well there is a good vibe amp and 6x9 package on caraudiosecurity that ive heard and was impressed with, might get that to start off with with a new head unit. Then next time i get paid get component speakers and rear speakers with another amp for them. Are fusion any good?