ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Safety devices full cage with roof cross and roof vent?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I'm looking at getting a full safety devices cage with cross in the roof and am wondering if anyone has this cage and if so is there room for a cup racer roof vent in the top. Ideally I want to get the vent in before track days in the summer but won't get the cage until some time after that so drilling precision etc is key!

Any pics or insight greatly appreciated. @markfishy

Graham

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Was plenty of room in mine with custom cages cage with roof X so can't see the SD one being any different.
Russ
Thanks Russ, much appreciated. Have looked through your thread to see how far back your is. Looks good to me.

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
I fitted mine and I'm sure I made the front edge of the scoop level with the front edge of the roof if that makes sense. Sat in my other 172 now with an SD cage and there's probably more room as the windscreen bar is quite low down. Obviously I don't have a roof X but it's not hard to imagine where it would run.
Russ

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
@Russ Rallye Yep, the seam that runs across the support at the front of the roof. Hoping the dash dodger they put together will offer the same roof bar fitments. Happy to take the risk and get the drill out now I think.

markfishy

ClioSport Trader
  So many but not mine
@Russ Rallye Yep, the seam that runs across the support at the front of the roof. Hoping the dash dodger they put together will offer the same roof bar fitments. Happy to take the risk and get the drill out now I think.
Hello GrahamS
Mark said to give him a call on either 01279 431628, or his mobile 07775 752675 and he will be able to help you on this as he knows what clearance there is on this cage once fitted.
Graham

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Hello GrahamS
Mark said to give him a call on either 01279 431628, or his mobile 07775 752675 and he will be able to help you on this as he knows what clearance there is on this cage once fitted.
Graham
Thank you, will call shortly.