ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSi to buy or not to buy

A well built VW

Been offered an N Reg 1995 model 108k miles MOT Aug 06Tax 2 months Cd player etc.... in white arches look good no visible rust yet!!! and on standard alloys

Whats a good price ???? And what should i look out for ? How fast will it be ?0-60 etc...

Used to have a green M reg 1.8 RSi

Was a great car, but had no end of problems with it. Engine was great, it was the electrics that kept going wrong.

Pretty nippy car but the brakes were shocking - check it has ABS (this was an on option). Mine didnt and was the worst mistake

Look out for - leaky sunroof, immobilser, standard stuff....

Great fun all the same

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00

Mine was Monaco blue. Had a sunroof that leaked a bit into the immobiliser box, it wasnt very good on fuel either (my 172 is better). Apart from that it was good. I had no ABS and agree that the brakes werent great, although it had discs all round!

Rob669

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00

Sorry forgot to answer the question. Id pay no more than £1800. Performance is about 8.5 to 60, better than a Saxo VTR, nice performance boost at about 4,000 rpm too. I think mine did about 120 top. But you can see the fuel gauge dropping when hammering the car.

Rob669