ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rotorstock 07 Santa Pod Report

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Today i went to Rotorstock at Santa Pod where it was also Round 4 of the HKS drag series.

Saw many jap cars in the pro class running in the 8's :cool: The street class was very close and was dominated by 4 EP3 Civic Type R's. 3 of them being turbo'd the other supercharged.

Quickest was the silver CPL Racing turbo'd civic which ran 10.4 and is still FWD :approve: Unfortunately on his run in the semi finals he lost control of the car after finishing his run and hit the side wall. Luckily he was ok but the car wasn't able to run in the next round :dapprove:

Anyway a great day and the weather was superb considering it was forecast heavy rain :)

Have about 10 vids of various cars doing 8 second runs that i will get uploaded later.

Pics - http://rob7011.fotopic.net/c1346358.html

'02 MG TF160
I went to Rotorstock when I had my RX-7, its a great atmosphere there - great weekend too.

Damn I miss my RX-7 sometimes, but not the 13mpg averaged over a year!!!!!:eek:

She was a beaut though - 328rwhp running stock twins, porting, remap, exhaust, filter etc - but looked just as it did the day it left the factory - a Jap Mazdaspeed RX-7 Type-RS A-Spec (remember it from Gran Turismo 2?)

Attachments

• Car - side small.jpg
    Car - side small.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 76
  Evo 8 Jap Crap
Heres the videos :cool:

8.7 secs supra

th_RMOV0103.gif

8.5 sec skyline

th_RMOV0104.gif

10.7 secs SMG Tuning RWD Scooby

th_RMOV0105.gif