ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Restoring original operating system

I downloaded and installed Vista Black edition (I think it's called) a few months ago but like an idiot I installed it over the original version of Vista that was installed when I 1st bought the computer instead of creating a new partition and installing it on there.

My question is, is it possible to get the original version of Vista back? or am I stuck with this annoying version I have now of it?

Oh and to add, the original version never came with a disc, when I reinstalled windows with that version I simply pressed F4 while it was booting up and it took me to a menu from which I could reinstall windows.

B

Ben^

If your computer was brand new when you bought it and came with no vista cd then it will probably have a set of recovery cds (if not you can normally download them). These will put you comp back to the OS and software you originally had when you bought it.

You will loose all ur data and make sure you delete the current partition and format the entire drive so you get rid of all other OS's

:)

PM me if you having trouble with this mate.

Nothing at the mo :(
usually PC's now adays come with pre-installed windows.. and the recovery files are usually on the C: somewhere

When the misses brought one there was a icon on the deksptop to make a recovery CD