ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

restoring life

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
ok, my car has been washed every week by my and as far as im aware the other owners.

but it has not been polished, the paint is not looking the best, when it cleans it looks bright but has liltle reflection depth to the paint. (i.e when me n my mate both was our cars (his is 182 in same colour)) his looks fit n mine looks s**t lol

i have a pc, and a few basic products, nothing wonderful, what do you sugest i buy and in what order to restor life?

106 GTi
A good wash,clay and paint cleaner to remove all the in grained dirt.

Then a good polish to restore depth, gloss and shine and remove any defects in the laquer. Then seal and protect.

What products have you got to use with the PC?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
just a few auto glym things, ok i can rebiuld and engine but im no good at cleaning, whats clay bar lol and any names of products to use? runs and hides in shame!

106 GTi
Easist Clay Bar to get hold of is the Meguiars Quick clay kit - some Halfords sell. Claying removes bonded on sh*t that washing leaves behind.

To get the best out of the PC you need some decent polishes to restore the paint. Has it got lots of swirl marks to remove?

I would look at the Meguiars Body shop range of polishes or the Poorboys Super Swirl Remover ranges.

http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/

Make sure you get the CS discount!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
no swirl marks, as i am very carful washing just dull paint, what polishs you yo recomend? i am going to spend about 2 days on it

106 GTi
ben_p said:
no swirl marks, as i am very carful washing just dull paint, what polishs you yo recomend? i am going to spend about 2 days on it

For good shape paint then:

Meguiars #80 Speed Glaze or Poorboys SSR 2, and a polishing Pad by PC

Autoglym Super Resin Polish on a Finishing pad by PC

Autoglym Extra Gloss x 2 and topped of after 24 hopurs curing time with a good carnuba wax.

What colours your car Ben?

Cheers

Rich

106 GTi
Alex who runs it is a top bloke and will do CS discount on top of those prices to. Down load the PDF price list for his full range.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
So whats a good car shampoo r-jay ? When you just wanna give it a quick wash to get off all the surface sh*t !

MrBillyUK !

106 GTi
I like Sonax Gloss Shampoo from Vauxhall dealers, great cleaning ability and a glossy finish after drying. About 3 quid a litre so cheap to. ( Dont buy it from Shell garages it costs an arm and a leg!)

Otherwise you can't go wrong with Meguiars Gold Class of the Blue Zymol stuff they sell in Halfords.

Cheers

Rich

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
r-jay said:
I like Sonax Gloss Shampoo from Vauxhall dealers, great cleaning ability and a glossy finish after drying. About 3 quid a litre so cheap to. ( Dont buy it from Shell garages it costs an arm and a leg!)

Otherwise you can't go wrong with Meguiars Gold Class of the Blue Zymol stuff they sell in Halfords.

Cheers

Rich

Cheers :) I'll go n get some tomorrow .

MrBillyUK !

172 mk2
i find the 172 silver looks the same wether i spend 20mins or allll day washing it.. i used super resin polish once and it didnt look much different.

used a clay bar and loved the feel, can only be a good thing.
clay=well worth the money.

106 GTi
Not all stores sell the Megauirs range, did they have any other Megs products?

Any other branches local you can try?

A Fast One!
if you rin your fingers on the paint and it feels smooth then Meguiars Quick Clay won't do anything. thats for build up and removing bugs and paint flecs etc. if it feels rough then you should use the QC.

if its smooth or after you have done the QC i would recommend washing it with some meguiars gold class shampoo, then give the whole car a coat of Auto Glym Super Resin Polish and then once you polish it up give it a coat of Meguiars Gold Class Wax and that will seal the polish in nicely.

to give you an idea of how good it is, take a look at my old car and check out the difference between the rear 1/4 and the door (the door is the bit i had polished and waxed)!

Image345.jpg

106 GTi
Spykee said:
if you rin your fingers on the paint and it feels smooth then Meguiars Quick Clay won't do anything. thats for build up and removing bugs and paint flecs etc. if it feels rough then you should use the QC.

Use a plastic sandwich bag to do this, makes it much easier to tell.