ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

replacement airfilter and air feed

ive just ordered a k&n replacement element for the airbox on my clio 1.8 16v and im just wonder ing about the cold air feed pipe that runs into the standard airbox.

following the pipe ive noticed it goes into the wheel arch and then curves up and opens just behind the front left light fitting. im just wondering whether this feed would be more effective if i cut the pipe where it turns behind the front fog and run a pipe from the blanking plate next to the fog and connect this to the cut pipe???

the car also has a scorpion exhaust. any ideas whether this would make the new filter more effective due to the forced air?? cheers mike

Skoda Fabia vRS

most things you try will be better than the OE cold air feed

lots of people have connected a cold air feed to the blanking plate...

I have the same set up. I bought some 50mm alluminium ducting from a diy shop and attached this to the air box. I then fed it round to just behind the left of the front number plate so the ducting is facing forward and air is forced inside. Seems to work just fine, and with it being just behind the grill at the back of the number plate you cant really see it.

great mod but whats even better remove fog light and put ducting in the foglight hole. either way both will be better for power

yup, but not from any air forced in........from a simple reduction in let temps, thats ALL!

before we allstart believing ram air again...lol

cheers for the replys people. only had the clio 2 weeks and im loving it. payed £2300 for an M-reg 85000 miles, fsh and the engine is perfect. 2 lady oweners. just need to get used to the cars drinking problems. :) filter came today ands its raining. 1st time in 2 weeks. have to wait till the roads to dry before i go testing it.

cheers mike

WHere abouts are you located?

I find the fuel consumption of my clio is fab, i can get from Bristol to brighton and back without refueling! and thats at at about 80-90mph

near birmingham. i got 25mpg out of the last tankful. this low. lots of stoppin and starting but fairly mild driving???