ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Steering Wheels (Worth A Read)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Well after being up at my local renault today i was speaking to the warrenty advisor and i asked about my melted steering wheel, He says he has only ever changed one and that was last week on a 197 and funnily enough that was my brothers car.

He said my best bet was to call Renault UK and i did and spent over 40mins on the phone talking to a guy caledl Harry Gruffydd who is a customer support manager and who was also very helpfull. He said that i should take the car to my local dealer and get them to look at it and take photos and then send them off to him.

I told him i never wanted to use my loacl dealer so i drove 40mins along the road to another dealer who took loads of pictures of my steering wheel to send off to him. and as far as im aware if its bad enough they are going to replace the steering wheel for nothing.

I have not lost out on anything so im going to chase this up to the end and see what they offer me.

Was there not something like this before and nothing happened, despite there being a list of over 300 people with melting steering wheels.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I aint seen anything but then again i should have searched.

Its deff worth a call and i would ask to speak to the guy i have as i did say that there where a few other people who have had a moan about this on some forums.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
HAve you owned the car from new?

Nope, Im the forth owner and i bought it private but the guy at renault said that was not an issue and he still wanted photos of the wheel aswell as some other problems im having.

Impreza Wagon
Good luck, RUK are useless unless your a loyal customer to the brand. Any photos of how bad your wheel is? Mines still okish at 64k with slight melting but it doesn't look really bad.

Mk3 Megane 250
sale of goods act 1979 ;)

anything sold should be fit for purpose subjesct to wear and tear etc, i got mine sorted without a hassel as was still in warranty and only got 26k on the car. Marcs has more miles but not enough to for normal wear and tear. i also got my front shock replaced but had to get renault involved as there is supposedly only a 2 year warranty on them. One call to them and sorted it out!

I realise some people dont have sucess with renault UK, but my experience is call them and see what they can do/offer, as it seems there trying to retain more and more custom, especially in this current economic climate. what you got to loose??