ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Double Spoiler

Just wondering if anyone has fitted the renault double spoiler to a mk2 clio 172 - i have only seen pics of it on the mk 1s.

Also, is this available from my local renault dealer and how much is this ( incl fitting? )

cheers

Lionel Richie

i think youve gone a bit overboard with the "ADD" button!!!!! If you get it fitted and sprayed by Renault itll cost you a fortune

As I understand, the double spoiler doesnt fit on the Mk2 because it will hit the antenna when you open the hatch. I have one fitted by Renault on my 172Mk1 but am a little diappointed when I parked outdoors last week under the summer sun for 2 hours (parking meter) and noticed two "bulges" (and no it wasnt because it was happy to see me!) directly under the fixing point. I guess it was baked by the heat (32Degrees C) and the fiberglass or whatever its made from couldnt take it! Its been a week and the bulge has shrunk a little but it sort of sunk on the left side and you notice a low spot...
NOT HAPPY

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

I get a small bulge on mine in the heat, which sometimes causes trouble trying to open the boot, as it catches. Just standard sh*t renault parts!

Silver Fabia vRS

There is a Red MK2 172 in the gallery that has a Double spoiler on....Im personally waiting for the Clio Cup spoiler to come out then Ill get that fitted!

Come to think about it, I dont think the spoiler we have is made by RenaultSport, and definatly not for the 172, because it uses a standard Clio spoiler stoplight, where as the 172 has a clear/smoke black spoiler stoplight. In fact the RenaultSports spoiler is the one originally on the car.. All I can say is luck I kept the original Spoiler and the extended spoiler sucks, just another thing to remember with this car - Never open hatch while buldges appear!!!

Ad

MK2 FRS

I have one of these, waiting to fit it. It will fit on the latest clioII. Will have to see about the bulges when mine is fitted.