ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

removing old wax/sealent

clio williams n0.26
basically how would i remove any old wax or sealent on my car ?

im going to machine polish it but i want to take any old stuff off. i gave the car a wash and wax about 2 weeks ago, i was in a rush so left it at that.

i want to go over it with the pc and menzerna po85rd, so its ready for summer.

Mito Sportiva 135
Try using clay. Depending how severe the paintwork is, there are different grades. The Sonus Green bar is the lightest level of abrassion, then all the way up to really coarse stuff that will remove overspray.

Plenty of threads on here already how to use if you never have before.

Summer hints: do not work in sunshine, do not use in the heat, use plenty of shampoo/ QD as lubricant.

clio williams n0.26
the paintwork is immaculate, i pc'ed it last year.

i was going to do the full treatment wash, clay . polish , seal and wax. but like i said i gave it a quick wash and wax a couple weeks ago so now i want to remove the wax so i can polish and seal it.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
When you polish it with your pc it will remove the wax and sealant .

Mito Sportiva 135
the paintwork is immaculate, i pc'ed it last year.

i was going to do the full treatment wash, clay . polish , seal and wax. but like i said i gave it a quick wash and wax a couple weeks ago so now i want to remove the wax so i can polish and seal it.

The grey clay will remove wax, but otherwise if you polish the paint this will remove most waxes. However, depends which polish you use. Not use if something like SRP will completely remove waxes in one application.

If you are going for the full works though I would go for a clay too.

clio williams n0.26
thanx peeps, its as simple as that.

will be using the clay bar, but ive only got the meguirs one which came in a kit i got from halfords. dont know how coarse it is but i used it last year and the difference was very noticeable.

106 GTi
The Final Finish alone should strip it all off anyway.

If the car does need claying first the combo of the two will get you back to clean paint.