ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remote Wire sub/amp using standard iso block, Solution!

Clio Dci 65
So, Hopefully this may help anyone trying to fit a sub/amp set up to the standard head unit or an aftermarket head unit that uses the standard ISO blocks

I was fitting my amp today to a JVC headunit that uses the 2 standard ISO blocks (Black/White)
because it uses the standard ISO connectors there was no distinct remote (or antenna) cable.

However, if you look at the wiring diagram below

220px-ISO_10487_connector_pinout.svg.png

In the position of A5 (on the black block) there was a thin grey wire, unsure of what it does I cut it and the radio seemed to be working perfectly normal so i therefore soldered the remote wire coming from my amp to the cut grey wire coming from the black iso block and it now works perfectly?

I was doubtful that this would be an "antenna motor (out)" as it states in the diagram because the clio doesnt have a motorised antenna but it seems to work anyway!

Please correct me if that thin grey wire has an important function that i have prevented from working

Hope this helps!

Polo + Micra
does the sub work when in cd mode?

how old is the head unit not to have a remote out?

Clio Dci 65
Ya the sub still works when playing cds.

Its probably old enough but i got it for free and it has a line out and aux in so I can't complain