ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remote Central Locking Issues!

Clio Dyn.1.2 16v
Hi all,

I've read most of the other posts about central locking problems but there doesn't seem to be a definitive solution identified.

I've been having similar problems with my 2002 Dynamique 1.2 16v. The key fobs have completely stopped working and now I have to unlock using the standard key and interior central lock button.

The problem began to be intermittent (mainly when it was cold outside!) and after a while completely stopped working.

I've tried the re-sync of the fobs in the car, but wanted some further clarification on the actual method of doing this. Also, could it be associated with battery life? I've tried new batteries (pretty poor quality ones) and they seemed to make no difference.

If you can help me in any way that would be excellent, as I'm in the process of selling the car and hence need the central locking working!!!

Thanks

Andy

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
Does the red light on the key appear?

If it does, and you put new batteries in, try holding down the button on the key when turning on the ignition but not so far as to start the engine. (just the electrics).
I had a key that kept loosing sync with the reciever and this method always worked.

Mines a 1.2 ph2, same as yours.

Clio Dyn.1.2 16v
No light on the remote.

What syncing method is needed when the batteries are new and want to sync with car?

Andy

Clio 182 + Mini
I've just changed the batteries in mine, dunno about syncing methods, but I found mine kept being intermittent because the battery was not held in the little cradle properly. I've pushed the battery right in and put a small elastic band around the four points on the cradle holding the battery, works a treat now. Range is still s**t though, maybe thats a separate issue lol