ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Red Pixels on TV screen.. HDMI?

Evening, just fired up the PS3 to watch a bluray (first time in about 6 months) and on the black parts on the picture, there is loads of small red pixels.. They seem to move and flash, so are not fixed..

Any ideas?

I don't get them on Sky HD.. although I think I get them on the 360 input aswel..

Here is a pic of it with my iPhone

4c589cc6.jpg

Better than yours. C*nt.
Swap the inputs around - eliminate dodgy port. Also try using the Sky lead to the PS3 etc, try get the problem to follow something. Suspect you're going to have to rule it as the PS3 or TV though, which will be difficult unless you've got a spare set or PS3 about!

Ok swapped the ports over, and the red dots have stayed with the PS3. They were on HDMI-2, and not on HDMI-1.. Now they are on HDMI-1 when the PS3 is lined up to it..

Also swapped the wires, made no difference.

Could it be the PS3 settings!? Maybe contrast or something too high? Does the PS3 suffer from interference from anything?

Evo 6, E92 320d
Also swapped the wires, made no difference.

Could it be the PS3 settings!? Maybe contrast or something too high? Does the PS3 suffer from interference from anything?

I had this problem with my xbox 360...then it rrod'd, dying ps3 perhaps.

Also to add, it seems to have improved slightly since I have swapped the Sky and PS3 inputs around. But its still there...

Ok further update, I changed the output settings from the PS3 down to 720 (the tv is 1080i) and its definately helped.. Still there though. Maybe the cable isnt rated?

Will try it tomorrow. Can't be assed unhooking it! LOL.

Finished watching the bluray.. Sky HD back on and it looks bang on. Strange.

You've swapped the ports. So it's not that.
You've swapped the cables. So it's not that.
Tv works fine with SkyHD. So it's not that.

Looks like it's the PS3 mate..

Aye its looking like that.. Although the Xbox does it aswell. LOL.

I was hoping it was just a setting somewhere but I've tried them all and it is slightly better, but its still there annoying me.

No don't think so.. I did think that once its warmed up its better.. It definately improved in the last half of the film, but I've been tweaking settings most of the time.

Aye, I'll try tomorrow.. I'll my wires are all cable tied etc to keep them neat (hence why I thought it might be a power interference problem)

Also try it in 1080i instead of 1080p, see if it goes away then.
If that doesn't change anything, i think its your TV. Seems to be a common problem with LCD/Plasma screens. It's called 'red snow' effect, and this can be down to the TV being old/over heating/under volting. So called you can changed the volts if you take your TV apart, i'll leave that 1 with you ;)

Last edited: