ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear seatbelts removed - Airbag light on

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
noob. ill take a look tomorrow! is the thing pretty obvious that you plug the resistors into then?

You can see the one hole from where the bolt went, you remove this and belt comes out.

045.jpg

This is the wire you are left with after removingt he belt, as you can see, i have just put the resistor into each side, and then i will tape it in.

048.gif

As already mentioned, you could cut the wires, and solder them. But ive done it like this so i can easily put the belts back in.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
cheers for putting that pic up then.

i haven't taken the panel off yet to have a look properly just trying to get all the ideas together at once then go and do it all! where does that white plug sit? and is it on all three rear seat belts?

Just two mate, doesnt have one on the belt for the middle passenger.

The two wires are attached to the back of the pretensioners, you cant miss them as you have to unplug them to remove the belts etc.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
sweet as ben cheers!

can i ask did you unhook the negative battery lead before you unplugged the pre tensioners at all?

TrackCar & F30 330d
Sorry for butting in.
I have buckets and harnesses and have fully stripped the belts. So am i right in thinking i need some 3.3ohm resisters for the all the seatbelts and the ones underneeth the seats?
172ben - if you still have about 50 resistors could a buy a few off you and you send them in a little envelope :)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
yeah i think it is. thats how long we left it when doing the front seats anyways and it worked.

Bumder With A Buffer
Shame I could of sent you some for 50p max!! got loads kicking around here at work. Resistors cost 0.012 p ya know ;) also I love
how capital seating and other companies sell this stuff for £30!! Robbery!

TrackCar & F30 330d
Alrite guys i'v done this for the front seats and pertentioners but i cant find the ones for the back!!! I'v got it fully stripped out and i cant find any seatbelt pretentioner wire.
BTW my serv and air bag light are still on :(

TrackCar & F30 330d
I deffently didnt unplug anything from these seatbelts :(
IMG_3262.gif

IMG_3267.gif

IMG_3266.gif

IMG_3265.gif

Looks like i'l have to keep the lights on my dash

Do you have to put the resistor in a picicular way?

TrackCar & F30 330d
Hmmmmm :S

I wander if my car had been in an accident and had to have the belts replaced or somthing. But then the wires would still be there :( I dont know

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Those rear ones dont look anthing like mine........

+1

i did mine on sunday, and there were definatly a wire going in between the loom and the pretensioner. its a white clip that has to be unplugged. mine had a purple wire going from the pretensioner too if thats any help.