ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear brake pad fell out!

Clio Sport 172 Exclusive
So I picked up my 172 last week and took it for a spin to Wales at the weekend as I was visiting my girlfriend.

I had just picked her up and we're driving along when I noticed a terrible grinding noise coming from the rear offside wheel. Pulled over and a quick inspection confirmed that I was now missing a brake pad! The T-bar securing pin that holds the pads in place was still there, but the outer pad and its tensioner clip were both simply missing - this caused the outer part of the caliper to come in and grind against the disc itself.

I managed to source some new pads a couple of miles away and drove straight there to sort it - had the car up on jacks in their carpark while I fixed it.

Seems that the t-bar had been put in the wrong place (bottom instead of top) and this caused the pad to pop out when under pressure. Not what I was expecting of my new performance motor though! I've subsequently put new pads on both rear discs, with the t-bar securing pins up the right way and everything is now fine. Bit bloody annoying at the time though :(

Apart from that I love it - really nice to drive and holds the road really well. I also made it to Wales and back in record time :eek: