ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Re-circulation/steaming up issue, sort of fixed.

PH2 Flamer
Yeah ill get a pic mate. If its working and yoir still steamkng up there must be a damp area.

Does it clear with aircon?

FF Racing Blue 182
so after fixing my leak beside the two rear lights and keeping this flap open beside the pollen filter i still have steamy windows....i feel like a defeated man

PH2 Flamer
Maybe its still slightly damp from your leak? I forgot i was supposed to grab a pic. Ill get one now for ppl asking.

PH2 Flamer
This is the flap
9udava5y.jpg

And the fan inside
puqe2u4y.jpg

Sorry for the pics this stupid tapatalk rotates them.

FF Racing Blue 182
that is the main fan for the heating ? just under my front seats is damp to touch which doesnt seem to be getting better

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Not that it helps but mine has been spot on. I picked up some rain repelant 'aquawax', six pound delivered and I don't know if its in my head but its helped massively. And good at dispersing rain too.

PH2 Flamer
Thinking about it though, im pretty sure the main vents have a seperate blower motor.

When its daylight ill play with the fan speed and see of this fan speeds up/slows down

PH2 Flamer
And im supposed too.

Remove drivers side scuttle and there it is, or pop ur head under the steering column and there it is. You can even feel the blower if the vent is open. Like my pic shows.

FF Racing Blue 182
need to check again lol....got towels under my back mats to soak up the water but my carpets are only damp never had any puddles maybe the towels are causing the windows to steam up again

I don't have the steaming up issue, but another intermittent one. When my blowers are switched off I sometimes get a gale blowing on my feet when on the motorway. Is this flap supposed shut when the fans are off? If its staying open when the fans off that explains what it is.

"Navy" N17 TWO
My windows seem to be demisting a lot better now, but the recirculation button doesn't sound like it kicks the flap all of the time, is that normal? :S

"Navy" N17 TWO
My recirculation flap is definitely not moving, tried pressing the button between most functions/combinations on the Climate panel
whilst my head buried in the drivers footwell with a torch :dapprove:

No joy :S

What else can I check to resolve this, or is the motor goosed, if so is it easily changed?

Thanks in advance!

PH2 Flamer
Just open the flap with your hand mate.
Most likely means the motor is faulty. No idea how easy it is to replace though.

How many times a year do you actually turn the recirc button on? Ive never used it on any car.

I use the re-circ quite a bit (this morning in fact). When the blowers are on and you're following a stinky bus or something, turn it on and it stops the smell getting sucked in.

Is there another flap or something near this? When my fans are off its like a wind tunnel coming from underneath the dash. I assume something should close / move to stop it.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Just open the flap with your hand mate.
Most likely means the motor is faulty. No idea how easy it is to replace though.

How many times a year do you actually turn the recirc button on? Ive never used it on any car.

I use the re-circ quite a bit (this morning in fact). When the blowers are on and you're following a stinky bus or something, turn it on and it stops the smell getting sucked in.

This! ^ lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Either, smoke in the car or buy one of those California scent thingies. The latter being the cheaper option over fixing the problem lol