ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Re-adjusting Dogbone & Top Mount

Ph2 172 Cup
Just finished upgrading my dogbone mount to PowerFlex bushes. At the same time I took off the top engine mount as I was concerned it was also knackered (can't be bothered with passenger side mounts today ;)).

Fortunately on inspection the top mount looks pretty good so I fitted it all back together using the 'adjustment' tips in the guide section.

Just been for a short drive and there really seems to be a noticeable 'tightness' to the engine now. The gear shift is MUCH smoother, despite the fact that I wouldn't have said the old bushes were past it, and after adjusting the top mount there's much less play in the engine if I try to wiggle it.

So I'd recommend the upgrade to PowerFlex bushes on the dogbone.

And for anyone with engine knocking problems, check out the guides section and try the quick fix first, you might save yourself £60....

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Just finished upgrading my dogbone mount to PowerFlex bushes. At the same time I took off the top engine mount as I was concerned it was also knackered (can't be bothered with passenger side mounts today ;)).

Fortunately on inspection the top mount looks pretty good so I fitted it all back together using the 'adjustment' tips in the guide section.

Just been for a short drive and there really seems to be a noticeable 'tightness' to the engine now. The gear shift is MUCH smoother, despite the fact that I wouldn't have said the old bushes were past it, and after adjusting the top mount there's much less play in the engine if I try to wiggle it.

So I'd recommend the upgrade to PowerFlex bushes on the dogbone.

And for anyone with engine knocking problems, check out the guides section and try the quick fix first, you might save yourself £60....

Do you not get a lot of vibration in the car on tickover ???

Ive fitted new dogbone mount and packed out my top engine mount with some rubber shims. The engine doesnt is solid, but makes the car vibrate on idle which is annoying