ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Random Washers Question....

BMW F21 125d
Ok i noticed something very strange on my 172 today. With the lights on when I wash the windows the lights will usually wash, but today they didnt, so as i knew it had been a while since i last filled my washer bottle, i filled it. And guess what as soon as I did my headlight washers started working again....

Random! The washer bottle wasnt even empty as the windscreen was still getting water. is the pump for the headlight washers sat half way up the washer tank or something random? Cant think of any other explanation!

Anyone else had this? Or can anyone pass on their wisdom.....:S

Megane 2 GT 165
Today I am fixing my windscreen washer bottle, using some kit....water is flowing out through the lowest (windscreen pump) hole. So using kit to stop the water for going out on the rubber ring. (slight crack in the bottle)

Anyway the pump of the light washer and the pump for the windscreen are indeed on different levels. The windscreen is lower then the light pump, so therefore has access to water longer.

I think about a littre is left in the tank if your light washers stop working.

Does anyone know the price of a new washer tank/bottle?

Megane 2 GT 165
Pictures to make things clear.

The pump on the right is lowest and is connected to the windscreen washers. The left one is for the light washers.

My leakage was on the right pump.

Anyway the pump of the light washer and the pump for the windscreen are indeed on different levels. The windscreen is lower then the light pump, so therefore has access to water longer.

I think about a littre is left in the tank if your light washers stop working.

Does anyone know the price of a new washer tank/bottle?

There not badly priced but it would be a wild guess at about £30 for a bottle.

The idea of the lower level for the windscreen was so you'll always be in theory able t clean the windscreen even if like this the other pump fails or the pipes leak.