ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing seat fitting help ?

Clio 220 PH2
Hi all,

I bought two racing seat from the autosport show the other week and bought the side mounts as well, my question is can I bolt the side mounts straight to the floor (where the bolt holes are for the standard seats) or will I have to run a sub frame for them to fit ? I know it's a stupid question however it's the first time fitting racing seats into a car
The car is a 182 :)

Thank you
Ben

Clio 220 PH2
I can supply you with my VBD Clio X-Low subframes.

Jon
Are these compatible for racing ?
Also do you have any pictures and prices please ?
Stupid question how high will the seat sit because I know some seats can be quiet high up
Many thanks
Ben

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Take a look in the " group buy " section in parts for sale at my thread.

A few members have put pics up showing them fitted.

They are as low as you can possibly go.

Price is £130 for two subframes collected or £16 postage.

Any fees to be covered.

94F3B37A-6B08-4252-B645-1D5BE610DEE6_zpsau7owvjq.jpg

89DD6430-8563-4759-A058-B24CC2A15131_zpsyz5ngrsn.jpg

D0E04E1B-3195-45D8-9D3A-58C02C0D1181_zpsz8au3vy9.jpg

Clio 220 PH2
Take a look in the " group buy " section in parts for sale at my thread.

A few members have put pics up showing them fitted.

They are as low as you can possibly go.

Price is £130 for two subframes collected or £16 postage.

Any fees to be covered.

94F3B37A-6B08-4252-B645-1D5BE610DEE6_zpsau7owvjq.jpg

89DD6430-8563-4759-A058-B24CC2A15131_zpsyz5ngrsn.jpg

D0E04E1B-3195-45D8-9D3A-58C02C0D1181_zpsz8au3vy9.jpg
Thank you very much I shall have a look on the group buy now they look a real nice piece of kit

Clio 220 PH2
Nice seat frames, look like to the OMP ones

I would personally (for racing) buy the weld in seat rails as these will make the seat lower, you would probably have to lower steering column too
The weld in ones is it a case of make your own or can you buy them and just weld them in ?
Did you add spacers at the bottom of the column to lower it ?

What Martin posted above, no need for spacers as your welding in the frames at your desired height and pitch (from pedals), this is cruital to get right as you only have an inch or so of movement that the side mounts give (bolt side mounts to those captive nuts in these frames).

Frames are about £45 from tweeks.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motor...safety-accessories-seat-subframe-mounting-kit

Steering column is lowered by placing spacers under the 4 main bolts that holds the column in place, ideally you want more spacer on the front bolts than the back to get the correct angle.

Also gear shifter height plays a part, so if you have a tall gear shift it will be even taller when you lower the seat.

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
My VBD X-Liw subframes are actually as low if not lower than the weld in tubes pictured here.

There is only so far down you can go after all.
Nice seat frames, look like to the OMP ones

I would personally (for racing) buy the weld in seat rails as these will make the seat lower, you would probably have to lower steering column too
y VBD

Clio 220 PH2
What Martin posted above, no need for spacers as your welding in the frames at your desired height and pitch (from pedals), this is cruital to get right as you only have an inch or so of movement that the side mounts give (bolt side mounts to those captive nuts in these frames).

Frames are about £45 from tweeks.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motor...safety-accessories-seat-subframe-mounting-kit

Steering column is lowered by placing spacers under the 4 main bolts that holds the column in place, ideally you want more spacer on the front bolts than the back to get the correct angle.

Also gear shifter height plays a part, so if you have a tall gear shift it will be even taller when you lower the seat.
Thank you very much for the link :)
Stupid moment I am guessing longer bolts are required for the best results ?
I don't suppose you have the best spacer sizes do you or is it driver size dependent ?

I did use longer bolts for the fronts, spacers are just thick penny washers mate, nothing posh as its not for looks. I did try to find pics on my old build thread but all my the pics have vanished!!

Clio 220 PH2
I did use longer bolts for the fronts, spacers are just thick penny washers mate, nothing posh as its not for looks. I did try to find pics on my old build thread but all my the pics have vanished!!
That's cool so it doesn't need masses of spacing then. Well this is it its a track/race car at the end of the day.
I will get the seat in and have a little play and then I shall stick some pictures up :)

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I've got the normal OMP frames and I'm happy with the height they sit at. I got them from ybracing with a discount code on their site for about £85 or something.

On the left is a base mount seat bolted directly to the subframe. The right has a slider and is a sidemount seat. I actually found that if they were any lower as Sonny suggested you might have to lower the steering column.

CEE4E57C-3F36-44AA-86EA-0237993283E2_zpsh2sanp3t.jpg

Clio 220 PH2
I've got the normal OMP frames and I'm happy with the height they sit at. I got them from ybracing with a discount code on their site for about £85 or something.

On the left is a base mount seat bolted directly to the subframe. The right has a slider and is a sidemount seat. I actually found that if they were any lower as Sonny suggested you might have to lower the steering column.

CEE4E57C-3F36-44AA-86EA-0237993283E2_zpsh2sanp3t.jpg
The problem I have is I am pretty tall and the standard seating position I was nearly touching the roof with my helmet on so I was thinking how low can I go lol. But the omp drops you down more than I thought