ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

R26 V2.0

Never been one for progress threads but here goes:

Well after having several Vauxhalls such as;
- 69bhp Corsa C at 17
- 150bhp Corsa C Sri 1.8 at 18
- 300bhp GSi at 19
- 420bhp Astra Bertone at 20
Miss this car. Even if I did end up breaking it for parts! :(

I decided I fancied a change and had always liked the R26's, so for a couple months I had been looking at them all over the place.

I found a lovely example of one off of the forum which I bought back in June ish time...

23mjvgp.jpg

Very clean car with just a map on it making somewhere around the 260bhp mark however no printouts to prove this!

However it wasn't long before I got the moddinhg bug again as I said I wasn't going to do anything to it. But I love the sound of the exhaust on these so I had the middlebox taken out at Powerspeed down in Ashford. Followed by some subtle Wind Deflectors.

2igipdx.jpg

This then sounded great so had plans to do more however, someone managed to crash infront of me and I didn't really have anywhere to go and kindly parked on a metal bollard avoiding the other car. Wasn't a great impact etc but due to damages underneath from bollard, the wrote it off.

The car has now been bought by someone and looks like it someone is attempting to mis-sell it on eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151156506976?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

The car had quite bad floor pan damage under the passenger seat hence why it mentions the passenger seat being 'slightly twisted'. Also the engine had been pushed back and their is panel gaps on the passenger side of the bonnet where it meets the wing. So i'd avoid that car if someone was looking for a cheap project or an easy restoration project.

I then was back on the search for a new Megane. I really wanted a White one... So after shopping around, I found the perfect one. :)

58 Plate
57k Miles
FSH
4x Brand new Pilot Sports
11 Months Tax
10 Months MOT
1 Owner from new, retired man who used it for a bit of fun here and there...

21lrh1i.jpg

Here she is, very clean car however the wheels could do with a refurb (after winter job) and theres 2 scratches on drivers side. (will be gone once weather picks up again for a nice machine polish)

But other then that I was very happy with the new Megane... V2.0

I drove it home on the Wednesday afternoon, Thursday morning I booked into Maidstone Exhausts and had the middle box which I removed from the Blue Megane put back on to give it some noise.

1zf6j9l.jpg

Half hour later, jobs a good'un

Somehow ended up @ a last minute TX Autosport in Harlow and rolled a healthy 247bhp... Which didn't make much sense to me as the car is completely standard. (as far as i'm aware)

Graph to follow...

qn78cm.jpg

After being very happy with this, seeing as everyone else seemed to be rolling majorly under their predicted figures, I went off to a friends Birthday and had to keep telling myself that I wasn't going to buy any more parts for it.

Well things escalated quickly and after talking to a very good friend who used to have the jobs of playing with my Vauxhall toys, he soon managed to get me a bargain for a Nortec 3'' Decat. But opted out of fitting it... Someone must of had spoiled the surprise of how much a fun job they are to fit!
11r524o.jpg

Anyway that arrived the following week and the morning after we collected it, off I went to ar friends house to fit the Decat. Hours, Dominos pizza and several suicide attempts later we had a Megane back in one piece with a fully functional decat!
a0xp91.jpg

Love the sound of it! Wouldn't want it any louder as I think it would be a bit too loud in the car for my own liking. Then I ended up ordering a Forge Recirc and Actuator which I'm still waiting for...

Hope to have it all done by about April/May 2014 but in no great rush, still enjoying the car how it is. :)

So I dropped my car off yesterday to have a Forge Actuator and a Forge Recirc valve fitted.

Actuator.jpg

They sent the wrong rod with the Actuator so after a couple e-mails and phone calls, they agreed to send out another rod to arrive for the next day. It then arrived this morning so my friend could carry on with the car whilst I was at work.

Recirc_Valve.jpg

After he had fitted both pieces, he must of got bored as he sent me a picture of some dodo juice and a microfibre. This was me assuming he was joking but when I picked the car up he had been kind/bored enough to of cleaned and polished the inside and outside for me. :D

Megane_Clean.jpg

Little update!

Car is still at Airtec, they're still waiting for the boost hoses to be made up and sent back to them so they can fit them to the car.
How the car looks atm:
5l5nvd.jpg

Hopefully have it back before Xmas. Was hopefully going to go to RSTuning for my Stage 3 map with injectors supplied and fitted but Airtec don't think it'll be done by the 19th which is the only date RSTuning were available, so looks like I'm going to have to get it done in the new year which isn't what I wanted. :(

This is a promo intercooler, not the actual one, but they've also fitted the Air ram scoop which I think looks pretty cool.
Anyway, was browsing the forum and found a good deal on some Front brakes and pads. So tonight I went to collect them:
Solid discs with Mintex 1144 pads, both boxed and new.

16hotp0.jpg

And that's about it for now, looking forward to getting her back for a good clean and fit a few bits and bobs such as LED interior kit, Panel filter and a boost gauge.

The car seems to be making friends while it's away after Airtec sent me this! :):
35b6yxh.jpg

----
Copied from Meganesport.net but will add to it as and when new things happen. :D
Hope you enjoyed the read!
All comments welcome...

Last edited by a moderator:
  TTRS & V50
Nice !

First Astra looked very quick indeed.

Can I ask why you are on ClioSport.net with no history of Clio's ? Granted, it definitely is the best forum.

Nice !

First Astra looked very quick indeed.

Can I ask why you are on ClioSport.net with no history of Clio's ? Granted, it definitely is the best forum.

All the other French car forums are dead, so thought might as well sign upto here. Perfect excuse to meet some new people I guess!

Have plenty of Renault friends, not sure whose on here and whose not lol.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Welcome to CS mate, I have a Stage 1 R26 and love it, done 4 track days so far and its epic..

Off to RSTuning Friday for a stage 3 map with any luck. 8hr round trip but luckily leaving at silly o clock in the morning so hopefully don't hit too much traffic!

Glad there's some people with r26s on here. :)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I love Glacier R26s! Always get me thinking about banking abit of cash :(

Welcome to CS mate, I have a Stage 1 R26 and love it, done 4 track days so far and its epic..

That's my plan for next year, just getting her all sorted and set up ready for it!

Still a few things to sort out and get her how I want it yet though, but got plenty of time so no rush. :)

Thanks!

I love Glacier R26s! Always get me thinking about banking abit of cash :(

I got this quite cheap compared to a few I've seen for sale. There's some bargains out there to be had just got to be patient.

So many Liquid yellow ones going for a steal lately!

That looks perfect! I want a Glacier R26 so bad!

I love it!

Thanks guys :)

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
So many Liquid yellow ones going for a steal lately!

They are common as muck, I have been looking for months and all that's on AT and PH are Black and LY ones..

Can't find a Glacier White or Mercury Silver one in the right spec for love nor money! :(

Ah cool, was going to say if it was AFR then the map was lethal lol!

Haha!

They are common as muck, I have been looking for months and all that's on AT and PH are Black and LY ones..

Can't find a Glacier White or Titanium Silver one in the right spec for love nor money! :(

Yeah you can get a Black one anywhere from 4k+

LY ones tend to be anywhere from 5k+

Not seen a white one other than with stupidly high mileage for less than 7k.

I paid just over that but 1 retired owner from new with sensible miles and completely standard with FSH and more documents you could care to look at!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yup GW on the 26 holds it's money stupidly well. Scutch on here searched for circa 6 months for a White one with xenons and came up short.

Lovely thing, good buy mate. Oh and welcome to CS.

E36 328i
Going to be a weapon! I'm from Maidstone so I'll keep an eye out, sometimes in Medway too.

Where is Maidstone Exhausts? I'm looking to get a centre section chopped out. Were they any good?

Going to be a weapon! I'm from Maidstone so I'll keep an eye out, sometimes in Medway too.

Where is Maidstone Exhausts? I'm looking to get a centre section chopped out. Were they any good?

I don't know Maidstone too well but it's quite easy to find. Go over the bridge towards where liquid used to be up the one way system towards Barming then it's a left up there. It's not where you'd expect it to be so I'd Google it mate. They done mine for £40. Powerspeed wanted £80.

Thanks for all your comments guys. :)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
R26's look good in white.

Welcome to CS,and yes more than half the club dont own clio's any more but we keep coming back.

E36 328i
Right next to a shitty looking pub? Red fence made of exhausts? Good bunch in there, use them for tyres.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
That astra is fantastic!

What was the gsi? Usual spec of k04, vxr injectors, 80mm maf, 3inch exhaust and fmic? Need to get the bits too finish off mine and 300 it!

Megane looks smart! Were airtec good? I'm off down there in January to have some development work done.

That astra is fantastic!

What was the gsi? Usual spec of k04, vxr injectors, 80mm maf, 3inch exhaust and fmic? Need to get the bits too finish off mine and 300 it!

Megane looks smart! Were airtec good? I'm off down there in January to have some development work done.

My gsi was 300bhp usual stuff with the eds inlet copy which was fine (some people have trouble). And a custom map.

The bertone in the video was a lot more spec.

Airtec were great and very helpful. Would recommend to anyone. At rstuning as we speak waiting for car to be mapped then I can see what it's running like.

Decent gain!
Was that stage 2 with an airtec FMIC? What other mods, standard injectors?

Airtec intercooler (they used my car to test it) and uprated injectors.

Also have 3'' Nortec Decat, Forge recirc valve, Forge Actuator, Straight through middle box and need to fit my airbox and panel filter with cold air feed.

2q0v9d1.jpg