ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

r****d computer help

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Got a (cheap) lappy for work mainly for diagnotic works. I have the programs on my current laptop, however my works lappy has a floppy disc drive :eek: Now it has usb, so i presume i can copy over the programs i need of this laptop to my works via usb........

So i want to copy all the files in the each folder..................

So, computer > windows (C) > Program files (select program xxxxx) > send to removable disk E

So when i've done that, i've tried downloading onto my works lappy, but where do i send them? When it downloads they download as separate files, i want it to run/open the all the files dont i?

Go easy on me, i am a computer r****d :rasp:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Doesn't quite work like that.

You need to get the install file, move that onto the new computer, and install it again (like you would have done the first time)

Basically I'd get a usb stick (cost like a fiver from any electrical shop/website) and copy your install files from the old laptop onto that, then plug it into the new laptop and copy over.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Ah, so thats why it didnt work, see told you i'm a tool!

So will the install file be on my current laptop (already has this program i want to swap over)

I wish it had a CD rom drive, i have the install CD upstairs :( :(

Does your current laptop have a CD drive? I presume it does?

Just put the disc in and then put the usb stick in and copy from one to t'other.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Good thinking batman!

Is it a big job hacking off a floppy for a CD drive? See, the works laptop is an old Toghbook. Its good as it can take the stick on the vans, and has a dedicated RS232 port, as some of the equipment we use is a bit funny running usb/serial converters

Well the spaces are totally different and there won't be a place to plug it on the board I don't think.

You'd be better off buying a CD drive that connects via USB.

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Right so, now what do i do.....................

Put the disk in, automatically boots up. How do i send it to this to usb e?
:eek: