ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick front strut question

Serviced the car earlier in the week and spotted that the large 'rubber coated washer' for the n/s strut is free to spin (the one under the bonnet).

The nut doesn't want to tighten and the whole thing looks to have the same gap as the o/s assembly (which doesn't spin).

The car is fitted with these spacer washers that are supposed to stop the creaking from the steering by the way.

Can anyone advise what could be going on here?!

Thanks

must admit that i didn't fit the spacer washers (someone else did whilst a bunch of other work was done) but they were supplied by Yozza and i'm sure they would have been identical.

things is, i can't get the b'stard nut undone to have a look at what's going on. might take it round to a friendly garage at some point and ask them to whip it off with an air gun.

any suggestions appreciated though:)