ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PS3] Killzone 3 + 3D + Playstation Move + Sharpshooter gun

Should be playing this setup over the weekend as long as Amazon come through, which they always do.

I don't expect much from the game in terms of quality story, but I'm well looking forward to the immersion factor. Not too sure what to expect really, but from research, it should be bloody awesome.

I shall update with opinions after a marathon sesh with my bros at the weekend.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
Should be playing this setup over the weekend as long as Amazon come through, which they always do.

I don't expect much from the game in terms of quality story, but I'm well looking forward to the immersion factor. Not too sure what to expect really, but from research, it should be bloody awesome.

I shall update with opinions after a marathon sesh with my bros at the weekend.

prepare to be dissapointed.... also for a headache.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
my step dad has this set up and its good for about the first 30 mins then just gets tedious and boring and you will get a massive headache

The game gets tedious? TBH it's more the experience of the gun I'm looking forward to trying out. I'm not new to 3D so hopefully it should be ok. The two combined should (I hope) offer serial immersion.

Guess I'll find out soon enough :D

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I was looking at that gun the other day in Game. Looks amazing.
I tried using the Move kit with KZ3 but I couldn't get used to it. With the gun, I think your setup should be amazing!

I just need to get a 3D TV...

Certainly hope so. Bit of an impulse buy really. I wasn't a massive fan of KZ2 but fancy a go on KZ3 in 3D. When reading reviews I stumbled across the Sharpshooter gun with Move, and was all like "woah" so I couldn't not give it a whirl.

Played through several hours of Crysis 2 in 3D with very little in the way of eyestrain, so hopefully KZ3 will be similar. 3D is the future of gaming. Super immersive as f**k, and with the gun it might well be a f**king epic way to play shooters.

FYI

Last edited by a moderator:
  Evo 5 RS
my step dad has this set up and its good for about the first 30 mins then just gets tedious and boring and you will get a massive headache

Your TV must be either piss poor or you suffer from eye strain. It's a fad which doesn't affect most current technology. I was playing with stereoscopic 3d for up to 3 hours at a time when I first got it. No problem at all tbh

BMW335M/Clio200/182
I have this setup. PS3 50" 3D Plasma and Move and Sharpshooter.

KZ3 really pushes the PS3 hardware, online is incredible and using the Sharpshooter on a big screen is as immersive as you could expect it to be.

The end.

Well like a r****d I neglected to buy the 'navigator' half of the Move setup. I presumed it was included in the starter pack. Should arrive tomorrow I hope.

Really looking forward to trying the Sharpshooter gun. It seems quite groundbreaking in the world of shooters.

BMW335M/Clio200/182
You need to get the dead zones and sensitivity settings right. The move has very little lag so the setup and calibration is vital.

You will also get a bad back and no sleep cause online is f**kin gung ho!!

Cheers for the advice. I had already read this and will defo play around with the settings. I'm expecting it to take some time for me to click with it all, but I reckon it may well just end up being the future of control inputs for shooters. As essential as steering wheels for racers.

BMW335M/Clio200/182
Most definitely. The general consensus is :

Calibrate move in the PS3 dashboard first
Disable controller vibration in the dashboard
Set all dead zones to 0% in KZ3
Sensitivity to 0% in KZ3
Calibrate in KZ3

Shoot from the hip like Arnie!

Dunno mate. This video is a bit more interesting than the shitty one I posted earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Will look at that later

I don't like that in the first video he's barely moving the gun about.. that's a bit gash, and is clearly going to lead to armarche

I want wide sweeping gun blasts, and action man rolls around the f**king living room

Evo 5 RS
Will look at that later

I don't like that in the first video he's barely moving the gun about.. that's a bit gash, and is clearly going to lead to armarche

I want wide sweeping gun blasts, and action man rolls around the f**king living room

LOL. vids of this plz

LOL I don't think it really matters so long as you feel like you're actually shooting a gun. Left analogue stick to move, and gun to look/aim/shoot. Can't wait to to try it out!

The danger is that K&M will suddenly feel really really rubbish on PC :(

Anyone wanna buy my i7 2600K GTX580SLI rig? :eek:

Still PMSLing at action man rolls. No offence but you appear a rather stocky fellow. Could be some serious damage to your living room rolling about and ducking for cover behind your subwoofer etc?

Game seems alright. Not played enough to have an opinion either way, but first impressions are good.

The 3D is great as expected but suffers some slight artefacts here and there. Overall I was more impressed with Crysis 2 in this regard, but I've read that you can adjust it in this game so I will play around with it. No eye strain so far.

The gun - bloody hell it's hard to get used to it. Wildly swinging around at first. I've played probably an hour so far and I'm warming to it. It's really beginning to feel quite natural. As though you really are running around with a gun. Some moments of greatness scoping, but I'm still a bit too fresh to feel completely comfortable with it. I think after some more play, it will become second nature. I already feel like I'm actually shooting people, in a sense that's difficult to describe. It feels dangerous, almost like the illusion-breaking barrier of holding a controller is suddenly gone, and s**t just got real. I'm walking around in a computer generated 3D world carrying a gun, and people are shooting at me. The force feedback when you pull the trigger is a nice touch. Basically I'm quietly confident that this is going to prove an amazing device for playing shooters.

Just don't let anyone take a picture of you sitting on your sofa wearing 3D glasses and looking down the sites of a plastic assault rifle pmsl.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Just don't let anyone take a picture of you sitting on your sofa wearing 3D glasses and looking down the sites of a plastic assault rifle pmsl.

Ha! I was going to say...

Sounds interesting though mate, I'm intrigued. Will it ever replace your beloved k&m pc setup though? :eek:

I don't think so. Not for now. PC tech still pwns, and hopefully these motion systems will become standardised (of sorts) on PC anyway but yes, if PC has this too at some stage, I can see it being to shooters what wheels are to racers.

It definitely adds to the experience. It's a lot to take in though. Harder than learning to use steering wheels in games back in the day, but hopefully even more rewarding.

Shooter + 3D + Move + Sharpshooter = as real as it gets for now.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
No action man rolls yet Roy? I await shots of you running around the living room with a butter knife

[youtube]TsQFYceNZS8[/youtube]

Everyone runs faster with a knife tbh

LOL I love a bit of Doug. never gets old.

he'd turn in his grave if he knew I was trying something other than K&M :(