ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project: Where my 182 is at ...

MkV Golf R32
Thought it would be a good idea to get a project thread up for my 2005 registered 182. As it stands the current mileage 42K.

Please excuse the pictures as they all taken on an Iphone :eek:

148881f8.jpg

b50ebcee.jpg

a77f9d44.jpg

a3920ade.jpg

ac0dd270.jpg

Some interior shots:
eb7b9ba0.jpg

5cfd98e8.jpg

3f521f71.jpg

9cc8f064.jpg

a5b7a4a7.jpg

I will be looking at some small updates very soon, but in the long run I am looking into a supercharger, fingers crossed :D

JB

RB 182 Cup
Very nice, liking the seats! Same setup I had in my old 172 - Bimarcos and an OMP Targa!

Is it lowered? If so how much and what on? :D

EDIT: Just saw it's on H&Rs!

MkV Golf R32
looks gorgeous mate.whats your short term plans?

Short term plans are just making sure the whole car is kept in good working order, replacing anything that is slightly worn, giving it a nice refresh.

Also going to change the interior slightly (not the seats though) ;)

MkV Golf R32
Update:

Bought some new plates from fancyplates, after they messed up my order I now have two sets. Rear plate is a legal standard plate, the front plate is a 3/4 to fit the recess.

Before:
acee4875.jpg

During:
db423082.jpg

After:
8056f462.jpg

I think it sets off the front quite nicely. However, I didn't have chance to remove all the sticky pads on the back so you just see some pop out behind the plate.
excuse the iPhone pics, they arnt the best.

Comments welcome.

MK3

Dynamiqueee
I'm in love with your wheels! 3/4 plate smartens up the front end alot too.

MkV Golf R32
I'm in love with your wheels! 3/4 plate smartens up the front end alot too.

Thanks for the comment, I love the wheels also think the colour is perfect to match the silver of the car. Just need to colour code badges next to the wheels.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Is that the OMP WRC steering wheel you've got? If so, how do you find it?

MkV Golf R32
Update:

firstly the bad news, since having the 3/4 plate on the front of the car, the police were kind enough to give me a fixed £60 fine twice in the space of a month!! Don't drive through Warrington at night!

90bf0c6f.jpg

After seeing mullens car was nicely colour coded I decided I would do the same with my front badge and bullets in the same colour as the 2118's. Sadley I have no pics of them on the car until I get it cleaned at weekend.

76b86e3c.jpg

7c55e87b.jpg

d0f8211c.jpg

The next thing to order was a new steering wheel, instead of getting the sabelt renaultsport racer I chose a OMP flat bottomed wheel. However, I still wanted the renaultsport logo on the wheel so I contacted Ady off here and he sorted me out. I used the OMP horn for the placement of the logo.

02d03e91.jpg

6b34e6f2.jpg

ac89ab2a.jpg

Apologies for the lack of picture quality they are again iPhone pics.

Hope you all like. Comments and opinions welcome.

David.

Iceberg 172
I like this a lot! For bucket seats those bi marco's do look comfy!

Not a lover of your new wheel though... sorry!

MkV Golf R32
No worries about the wheel, everyone has different tastes. It's more practical for me.

With the diamond it just pulls off, and I sanded it down to a dull finish then used primer, followed by few coats of lambo grey spray paint and finished with some laquer. It was my first try and spraying and wasn't too bad. There's a few good guides on here that will help you out.