ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Jinx, White 197

RenaultSport Clio 197
Hi all, i've had my 197 for about a year now, and said that i wasnt going to mod it......didnt take much to change my mind!!

heres ther car

P1030153.jpg

P1030152.jpg

P1030149.jpg

P1030147.jpg

P1030146.jpg

P1030145.jpg

First mod was a set of LED side lights, which decided to catch fire, great success! luckily no damage, they just burnt out!

next i wanted all my black trims carbon fibre wrapped, next disaster!
Must have primed, smoothed and painted my wing mirror about 4 times, the paint just kept cracking/lifting/peeling off. Finally got around it though and heres the result.

During

FxCam_1267451698655.jpg

FxCam_1267451715769.jpg

After

FxCam_1268414157192.jpg

FxCam_1268414170116.jpg

FxCam_1268414180422.jpg

i love it, going to get the other mirror, front window plastic trims and rear diffuser done too.

Next f**k up someone smacked my door in, so repaired and painted it, but some how dirt appeared around the edge of the door, gutted!

Praying thats my bad luck over, just fitted some Osram Nightbreaker full beam bulbs and ordered a french style pressed plate.

But the big excitement is that my cars booked in at K-Tec next week for a sport cat, cat back exhaust system, ITG induction kit and remap :)

Skoda fabia Vrs
btw.. you should change the orange indicator bulbs.. get silvertec bulbs..

they take the orange look away at the front, still flash orange btw

200 Gordini
Liking it.. Im planning on doing the same pretty soon.

Why did you paint the parts you were going to wrap?

RenaultSport Clio 197
cheers for the comments guys, twingors wheres the best place to get the bulbs? i was looking on ebay but wasn't really sure which ones i needed?

I needed to make the parts smooth before the vinyl guy can apply the 'carbon look' vinyl curley, and he said the stuff sticks best to painted parts.

small update, french plate arrived yesterday so slapped that on:

FxCam_1268490168136.jpg

And i de-badged the rear.

FxCam_1268490537474.jpg

Crappy work hire car
Gorgeous car, but I don't like that plate and you're asking for trouble from the feds!

Skoda fabia Vrs
deffo gona get pulled for the plate! £30 fine everytime!

get a standard looking pressed plate...:cool:

and about the indicator bulbs any decent motor parts shop should dlo them.. halfords.. a paid £2 a bulb

BMW 320 M Sport, 197
Nice bit of carbon wrapping fella and yes it will stick to painted surfaces better, textured plastics are a nightmare to put vinyl, i know from trying myself, it just won't stick!
Are you wrapping the rear diffuser? Could get a carbon one from streamline, probably be about the same price once you've painted it and then had it wrapped cos that's not going to be a quick or easy job to do!

RenaultSport Clio 197
im not 100% on the plate yet either! we'll see how it goes, i used to run a tiny plate on my corsa and never got in trouble, but this car is jinxed.....

i would love a genuine carbon fibre diffuser, but thats got to be big bucks?
I can smooth and paint it in my own time at work, so thats not a biggy, and the guy said it would be £130 to wrap it.

cheers for finding the bulbs too!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Love the carbon wrapping, exactly what I wanted to do to my mirrors and a few other bits, never knew it was benefitial to paint them first though... I may try without and see how it comes out, if the answer is pap, I'll start again. lol!

Mk6 Fiesta Zetec S
Lovely car mate! This is the kinda clio I'll be looking for soon, don't seen many with recaros :(

nice example, silver bulbs will help it alot and a few choice mods too.

keep the plates for shows? and just have some plain ones for road (i.e no GB logo)

Mk6 Fiesta Zetec S
I think plain ones are the way forwards, my mate got pulled for having similar plates and got a £60 on the spot fine :(

RenaultSport Clio 197
thanks for all the comments guys! i quite like the plate now, so affraid im keeping it!

Few updates no pictures at the moment though.

I took the car to K-tec the other weekend and had a sport cat, KTR cat back system, ITG induction kit and remap all done. Loving the sound, pops and bangs when you change gear or come off the throttle :cool:

Unfortunatley im going to have to get a new mirror because the carbon is lifting underneath with all the moisture getting under it :mad: so if anyone has a drivers side mirror for sale give me a heads up!!

next plans are some -30mm springs, 40mm spacers and OZ ultraleggras in a special colour im keeping a secret ;)