ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Progress Update - The RB Gets a Clean, Homemade Wheel 'Refurb' & An Epic Fail Story.

RB 182
Right, so where do i begin.

it's been a while since i last posted, as to be honest, it's been baltic.

But after hearing that the Big Chester Meet was approaching, i decided to get myself in gear and sort the motor.

First of all, i gave the car a proper yorkshire going over. (probably the same as everyone else cleaning their car, but i'm northern)

It was highly advantageous to me that my Step-dad works for Renault AND owns his own car valeting/detailing company which he's ran for nearly 20 years.

so me being me, i took the piss and stole a load of his stuff!

Quick List-

Full exterior clean - including exterior plastics, touching up paintwork/stone chips, polished etc
Full interior clean - removing bits of my birds hair b*****ding extentions from the car mats mainly.

Silicone'd the exterior grills, adding a bit of shimmer to them (also bringing out the black).

However, because i'm a drip, i only took one picture. anyway, heres the result!

image_zpsab6f1f58.jpg

Second on the list, was the wheels. they were flaking & overall looked like i'd dragged them from a skip.

So here's how they looked before:

photo2-2_zps1d88a02d.jpg

photo1-2_zps4b058a18.jpg

As you can see, not great.

But i took my balls by surprise, and bought some £6 Satin Black Touch up paint from Halfrauds, along with some old Volvo Laquer i found in the garage.

I added them with the stickers i bought from N2Grafix on here (bargain - highly recommended).. and well, after a couple of hours, here's the result! (yes i know the calipers are hanging, but i havent got round to them yet!)

image-5_zpse1aeaa2b.jpg

photo_zps5654abec.png

massive improvement and to be honest, i'm chuffed to bits with them!

i took a few pictures before calling it a night.

image-1_zps38ee3b34.jpg

image-2_zps609fef9e.jpg

image-3_zpse570a65e.jpg

Anyway, so all was well. i'd prepared the car for the Big Chester meet which was the next day! (or so i f***ing thought).

I wake up, nice and early (7am) on the Sunday morning, drag the missus out of bed - bearing in mind she got in at 5 from work (top boyfriend), and headed to meet NixieJ in his Trophy at McD's.

photo1-2_zps9300e4de.jpg

We then proceeded to drive 3 and a half hours to Chester, For the infamous BIG Chester Meet!

Me and Nick drove into the industrial estate, glancing round expecting to see dozens of cars there.. and well.. nothing.

It wasn't until next week. BRILLIANT.

After sulking for a while, all was not lost. we nipped to see Ash at the garden centre, where he laughed at us, and we headed to some random shopping centre to comfort eat some Krispy Kreme.

To add to the anxiety, i was pulled for my 3/4 plate in chester. which was fantastic.

The officer turned out to be pretty decent, after i also got out of my car without looking and nearly knocked him the f**k out with my shoulder.

anyway, he gave me a clip round the ear and sent me on my way with no fine or points! (hurray).

at the end of the day, we drove back to Scarborough with a little disapointment in our minds, but to be honest.. the drive was well worth it. i completely fell back in love with the car!

Here're a couple of photo's Nick's missus took from the Trophy

image-6_zps42f9f56a.jpg

image-7_zps08b2da4e.jpg

image-8_zpsf66d23de.jpg

Instagram prick -

image-9_zps84828e99.jpg

So the same as usual lads/lasses.

Comments & Criticisms welcome, and if you read through the whole lot.. you probably need a new hobby.

P.S - i'll probably be adding to this soon enough, as i've just bought a KTec Ultra exhaust and i'm getting it fitted on Tuesday!

Thanks for reading/looking/laughing/crying. appreciate it.

Siddle

RenaultSport 172
Re: Progress Update - The RB Gets a Clean, Homemade Wheel 'Refurb' & An Epic Fail Sto

Nice car :)
7 hours driving for nothing! I would have been so annoyed!!

330Ci cab
Re: Progress Update - The RB Gets a Clean, Homemade Wheel 'Refurb' & An Epic Fail Sto

well done with the wheels, i like the look of it overall, look forward to seeing it on sunday

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

I thought the meet was this Sunday just gone too, I didn't go though lol. Might go this weekend if I can.

Nice RB!

O

Oakley12

Car looks good fella. I love to hear people's fail story's. Makes me feel better :)

clio 172 no2/ yzf r1
Progress Update - The RB Gets a Clean, Homemade Wheel 'Refurb' & An Epic Fail S

Those calipers are filthy lol,,,nice effort on cleansing though m8

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

Gutted about driving down here for nothing. Although when ash told me I did lol :eek:

Hope to see you tomorrow ;)

Gutted about driving down here for nothing. Although when ash told me I did lol :eek:

Hope to see you tomorrow ;)

He's had nothing but stick for a week. I'm still laughing.

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep

Looks great mate and it did look fantastic las week shame you were a week early for the meet! maybe i will have to do another big meet in the summer!

RB 182

Shame I couldn't of actually attended the proper meet!

I was still overwhelmed by my idiocy.

Looked quality though!