ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Progress so far & ideas for the new year!

Coming up to 12 months since I picked up my first car, always said i was going to leave it standard but that went out the window....

This is the car the first day I bought it:

Ig8keI1.jpg

hDtx0Kd.jpg

KZcnB5m.jpg

And this is how it is now:

HRr3Ygd.jpg

Fs5eKtd.jpg

YxD58kI.jpg

A rough list of mods:

-40/60mm lowering springs & shocks
-BBS reps
-Full sport interior
-new JVC stereo
-LED sidelights, interior lights, numberplate light
-silvervisions
-obligatory CS sticker
-RS grill
-172 Rear bumper
-cup spoiler
-colour coded front bumper strip (badly) and side strips (quite well :p)

Im planning on keeping the car another 12ish months, i cant see much point in upgrading to anything better this soon. I just wanted to know if there was anything else anyone would recommend to be done? Im new to the car scene so im trying to learn as much as possible with this car, be it mods/servicing/general looking after. One thing i do want to look into is paintwork as mine is far from pristine. Lots of scratches, swirls, chips etc that really let the car down up close, and id love to get the paintwork back up to standard but i honestly have no clue what the best way would be aha

Cheers for looking :)

Last edited:

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Coilovers and some stretched tyres ;) Xenon headlights would be ace too!

Titanium 182
For your paintwork I got a small Autoglym cleaning kit from halfords and it's brought up my paintwork amazing, got a clay bar kit I need to try out to get rid of the swirls, could give claying it a go?

ST
For your paintwork I got a small Autoglym cleaning kit from halfords and it's brought up my paintwork amazing, got a clay bar kit I need to try out to get rid of the swirls, could give claying it a go?

Clay'ing won't remove swirls.

Coilovers and some stretched tyres ;) Xenon headlights would be ace too!

Yeah toying with the idea of coilovers, the front would look better abit lower and being able to adjust the height would be usefull sometimes :) stretched tyres would look ace with coilovers & spacers but wouldnt know where to start with getting them! never thought about xenons tbh, might look alright!

what kit was it mate? nah claying wouldnt help as alan said, its more for dis-contaminating your paintwork after cleaning it iirc

3/4 plate, stubby aerial, de wiper rear, maybe sort out the dodgy colour coding on the front bumper ;)

Meh, might just get some fresh, new plates. dont really wanna get in trouble if ya get me.
Got a stubby aerial ;)
use my aerial too much aha
would love to get it done profesionally, but im not sure wether a fully smoothed front bumper would look decent?

Hows your bonnet anyway dude? ;)

Meh, might just get some fresh, new plates. dont really wanna get in trouble if ya get me.
Got a stubby aerial ;)
use my aerial too much aha
would love to get it done profesionally, but im not sure wether a fully smoothed front bumper would look decent?

Hows your bonnet anyway dude? ;)

Haha, cars up for sale now so I'll leave that down to the next owner. :p
Smoothed ph3 bumper could look quite nice, I guess it depends how much money you want to sink into.

Haha, cars up for sale now so I'll leave that down to the next owner. :p
Smoothed ph3 bumper could look quite nice, I guess it depends how much money you want to sink into.

Oh ace, you upgrading?

Bit like this?

DSC00417.jpg

I dont know the differences between the ph1/2/3 bumpers haha

yh looking for a 1*2 :D
That looks good not a fan of the plate location though, the ph3's have a different bottom grill and 'extruded' fog surrounds.

good lad ;) haha

I kinda like it in the bottom grill, but id prefer it centralised. ill have a search for the other grills now.

Merry christmas btw ;)

Titanium 182
Yeah toying with the idea of coilovers, the front would look better abit lower and being able to adjust the height would be usefull sometimes :) stretched tyres would look ace with coilovers & spacers but wouldnt know where to start with getting them! never thought about xenons tbh, might look alright!

what kit was it mate? nah claying wouldnt help as alan said, its more for dis-contaminating your paintwork after cleaning it iirc

So I was wrong about the swirls :p and Autoglym perfect bodywork or something, paintwork came out pretty good and had never really detailed a car before.

I want to de wiper mine but don't know how you do it?
I think there's a guide on here somewhere, it's pretty straight forward. Remove wiper arm, take plastic off inside of boot lid which will reveal the wiper motor, IIRC 3 bolts and that's off then just bung up the whole where the motor stuck through or smooth it over.

So I was wrong about the swirls :p and Autoglym perfect bodywork or something, paintwork came out pretty good and had never really detailed a car before.

Did it minimise/hide swirls? Might look into getting someone to give my car a seeing to with a rotory in the new year.

Any offers anyone? :rasp:
Will pay handsomely haha!

So after abit of thinking, ive decided what im going to do

Ill be keeping the car pretty much how it is through next year, then once the summer is over ill be putting her back to standard. so fingers crossed early 2015 ill be in a 197...
Works looking excellent next year so ill be saving pretty much every penny i get :p

So mad it just might work... ;)