ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Programmers - best OSX text editor & FTP client?

Google shows a few kicking about, but I thought I'd ask fellow geeks what they use. Under Windows I use UE32 and FTP Voyager, but am thinking about buying a Mac for work (13" MBP), and would like to use Windows on it as little as possible. I'll still need to use Windows for some proprietary software, but for the most part all I need is an FTP client and a text editor for OSX.

Requirements are macros and syntax colouring, and anything will do for the FTP I guess. I've been looking at TextMate, which seems ok. Any other ideas? I don't care if it costs a bit, as it's all tax deductable anyway.

Danke.

EDIT: Oh and the editor needs to have a fixed pitch font of course.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
TextMate is what I use, bbedit is supposed to be good but I liked the way TextMate worked so just bought that.

I use Transmit as my FTP client at home, I use Cyberduck at work. I only use Transmit at home because when I was looking for an ftp client cyberduck was crap, however, that's a long time ago and it's pretty good now.

LY 182
I should clarify that's for web development. For FTP get Transit from the same guys. (Or Cyberduck if you don't wanna spend any notes).