ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem with rev counter sticking

172 exclusive no 172

I have recently encounters with my rev counter needle sticking/ not working on my valver

When the car is first turned on the rev counter doesnt work but after it has been run for a bit it seems to just start working ?????:confused:

Has any body else had a problem with this. could it be the console its self moved or something ??

Any Help??

Renault Laguna

Its a bad contact in the back of the gauge cluster, are there other things working as intended? Id take thew gauges cluster out and give it a service.

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

Ive had this... booted it in 2nd... got to 50+mph... nearing redline... but rev counter showing 3500rpm or summat...

Mine got stuck at 4 grand had a quick look c 4K kept going then hit the limiter couldnt hear the engine rev system was up, i well sh*t a brick thought the thing went bye bye, it seems ok now but my petrol gauge gets stuck at 3/4 full.

Audi S3

yea mine did that the other day after claning i went for a drive! and it got stuck at 2k! its fine now tho i think!

ill have a look at the conections some time then!

TT 225

Argh! My rev counter sticks too! And my petrol gauge! And my oil temp/level gauges dont work either! LOL

Ah I love Renault...

Yeah I had this problem with my clio...

Take out the cluster and remove all 8 screws from the back of it - once you have done this slightly pull forward the needle (not so that it comes off, or sits too high - just a little bit). Then hopefully it should all work. I am on my second instrument cluster, and my rev counter went again a couple of weeks ago, I did what I said above and its all working nicely... Only problem is that my fuel gauge has just gone... time to remove the cluster... AGAIN!!!!

The Vigela cluster brought out in late 93/early 94 cars are much much better than the sagem cluster that we have. If you can find a vigela one from a scrappy then get hold of it (it fits sagem clustered cars... and doesnt get stuck on a monthly basis!).

Pat

172 exclusive no 172

Ive had another look at the cluster and it looks like the perspex on the front of the cluster has some how warped.. if i press on the top right of the cluster/perspex the counter works ok.

so i think i will have to source a different one :(

iv just stripped my dials down and it where the black face has come unstuck thus catching the needle and making it get stuck so im gonna stick it back and it should be ok, thats what happened to mine ne way.

How difficult is it to unclip the speedo cable F*£king nightmare!!!

172 exclusive no 172

and the winner was

LOW 16V

The black dial at the back was unstuck at the bottom so making it stick, so decided to restick all the dials cos the were a little loose.

Thanks all for input