ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

power steering whine noise on 182?

182/ 172 Cup
Theres a whining noise coming from under the bonnet when i turn my steering wheel even when going along, if the revs are higher its louder. are they all noisy on sports? its done it ever since iv had it and its under warrenty so want to get it sorted now if theres a problem. its only when turning thw steering wheel so i assume its the pump or belt?

www.renparts.co.uk
from what i can gather its usually due to the bearing in the pulley failing. So you shouldn't really drive it until its been replaced, has the aux belt been done recently?

182/ 172 Cup
not sure i only brought the car a montha ago, its on 40,000 but has renault service history but doesnt say its had the belt done! do you know how much a aux belt kit is? with the pully etc?

www.renparts.co.uk
the bearing often collapses before the interval i would recommend doing the belt with the kit (comes with pulleys etc) its not cheap but if your aux belt does come off/break it nearly always (on the 172's and 182's) takes the cambelt with it and that means bent valves etc.

182/ 172 Cup
the bearing often collapses before the interval i would recommend doing the belt with the kit (comes with pulleys etc) its not cheap but if your aux belt does come off/break it nearly always (on the 172's and 182's) takes the cambelt with it and that means bent valves etc.

yep iv heard to many of those storys!! il ring renault and get prices.:dapprove: