ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pay Pal - what is this all about?

GR7

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Shiny red R32
I keep receiving emails like this from Pay Pal and wonder if I should just ignore them. Fake or not?

email_logo.gif
pixel.gif
pixel.gif

Security Center Advisory!
We recently noticed one or more attempts to log in to your PayPal account from a foreign IP address and we have reasons to belive that your account was hijacked by a third party without your authorization. If you recently accessed your account while traveling, the unusual log in attempts may have been initiated by you.

If you are the rightful holder of the account you must click the link below in 24 hours after you receive this mail and then complete all steps from the following page as we try to verify your identity.

Click here to verify your account

If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choise but to temporaly suspend or deleted your account.

Thank you for using PayPal! The PayPal Team Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the "Help" link in the footer of any page.

To receive email notifications in plain text instead of HTML, update your preferences here.
pixel.gif

PayPal Email ID PP697
pixel.gif
Protect Your Account Info
Make sure you never provide your password to fraudulent persons.

PayPal automatically encrypts your confidential information using the Secure Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with an encryption key length of 128-bits (the highest level commercially available).

PayPal will never ask you to enter your password in an email.

For more information on protecting yourself from fraud, please review our Security Tips at http://www.paypal.com/securitytips
pixel.gif
Protect Your PasswordYou should never give your PayPal password to anyone, including PayPal employees.
pixel.gif

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Bye Bye 182....
ignore it. I get it as well and I can tell you as an IT Manager for a major company that we would not ask anyone to confirm any passwords or details etc. Go onto paypal manually not through the link and it wont ask you for shite. They are fishing for your details.

Simple rule of thumb - no major company will ask you to confirm any details

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
Fake, probably from nigeria. You'll notice the poor english and when you hover on the link it points to aol somewhere. I get tons of them. If in doubt you can forward it to spoof@paypal.com and they will tell if it's fake or not.

GR7

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Shiny red R32
THANKS GUYS!!!

This sort of thing should be stopped as unsuspecting people might get robbed of their credit card details!! :mad:

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Bye Bye 182....
GR7 said:
THANKS GUYS!!!

This sort of thing should be stopped as unsuspecting people might get robbed of their credit card details!! :mad:

Unfortunately youll never stop it. Where money is involved the scammers are always on the lookout for new people to conn. :mad:

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182BG
evil people out there! if they want money they should bloody well work for it like the rest of us!!!!

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  V6 Exige, GTR R35
i got exactly the same one mate...

i reported it to paypal and they said they were aware of what was going on...

Guy

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a lad at college put his phone on ebay, someone won it, then he got a paypal style email with paypal logos etc saying they have the funds from blahblah and that they will be transferred to my mates account once he has received proof of postage.

so this lad goes off to post office, sends this phone to nigeria.

obviously heard nothing since and hes know an unregistered user of ebay etc.. with no comeback