ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Painting The Rocker Cover....

Valver..
Im thinkin about painting my Rocker Cover on my Valver.. can i cause any damage removing this. Do i just remove the HT leads and plugs then the 6 bolts or what ever it is and take it off or is it harder then this.....:D.... then after its removed... SPRAY AWAY...:D:D:D

A Fast One!
Re: Panting The Rocker Cover....

that'll be the way to remove it mate but your going to have serious trouble getting paint to bond right as your going to need high temperature resistant paint, plus your going to have to dip the rocker first to strip the original paint off it so that the new stuff takes correctly.

if you dont do that it'll peal in no time and look crap!

hope that helps :)

Alex

Chocolate Bar™

use paint stripper once its off. then degrease it properly and he should be fine. can get heat resistant paint in a range of colour now as well.

no idea whats involved in taking it off lol

Valver..

Yer Cheers Alex... for i would have to strip all the old paint off.. i might leave it till the summer... :D :D ... and ive seen loads of colours u can get and some are Fookin lovely..!!

Spykee said:
that'll be the way to remove it mate but your going to have serious trouble getting paint to bond right as your going to need high temperature resistant paint, plus your going to have to dip the rocker first to strip the original paint off it so that the new stuff takes correctly.

if you dont do that it'll peal in no time and look crap!

hope that helps :)

Alex

S reg'd Clio 1.4 RT

What the rocker covers made from on them?

My fiesta one was an aluminium cover!

stripped it, sanded it, heat proof coated it, sprayed it with standard paint and lacquered it! :D

looks very nice if I do say so myself! :p

oh... and of course you'll want a new gasket ready for re-fitting!

Clio 172 mk2

Made from aluminium mate.

I'd just get it polished up

Skoda Fabia vRS

use a wire brush drill attachment to get it clean in no time, rinse with some degreaser then let it dry, and paint away

dont use plasti kote normal paint, it goes a funny colour within a week, i found that out after buying the primer, paint, and lacquer, cost me a fortune

next time i did it, i just went to work (Motor World) and bought some silver Firecote made by Carplan/Tetrosyl, cleaned it up and used that and its perfect

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

clio head..if your interested...i am gonna be getting mine done at some point but will be getting it powder coated..i am gonna buy a rocker cover..get that done then switch them which means i will have a spare rocker cover..i could get that done and give it to you...

let me know what you think..

320d

Hill power were selling them on ebay a while ago already powder coated various colours